Missing Part of Monster Rancher 2 Screen when using Beetle PSX Cores

This what Come up when I load it:

I am not sure how to fix it this Problem.

Help Please

The only screenshot of the title screen I can find online has the same border at the top, though I don’t see it in a video on youtube that was recorded off a PS3. My guess is that it’s a different video mode. Dunno what you can do about it, other than trying some other cores to see if they behave the same.

2 Likes

Worked Fine on PSX Rearmed and SwanStation Fine.

Also works fine with Clean Unzip of Retroarch without adding and Config Files

oh ok, that means you just need to bisect your config and find the offending setting.

Could I upload the config Files to here so You and Others can Check it out?

if you want, but as the person with the issue, you’re the best candidate for bisecting.

That is True I be the best to Figure out the Problem but I still have not so I put the Config Files up Just in Case someone can see something I am Missing

Here are my Config Files for Monster Rancher 2:

If it works with a clean config, just take half of your bad config and paste it into a blank retroarch.cfg and it will fill in the rest with default settings. If the problem comes back, it means your bad option(s) is in the stuff you pasted in. If not, it’s in the stuff you didn’t paste in. So, take half of the half and paste that in. Rinse/repeat until you pin down the option that causes it.

1 Like

If it works with a clean config, just take half of your bad config and paste it into a blank retroarch.cfg and it will fill in the rest with default settings. If the problem comes back, it means your bad option(s) is in the stuff you pasted in. If not, it’s in the stuff you didn’t paste in. So, take half of the half and paste that in. Rinse/repeat until you pin down the option that causes it.

I deleted the Config Files and Started up with them making there own Config Files and same thing Happened.

I going to try another Monster Rancher 2 Files to see IF Files are Not Good Ones

Update:

Tried Different Files and that Worked Fine.

So it was a Bad Dump of the Game that Caused this Issue

1 Like