Missing text layer in Beetle PSX

I’m playing Vagrant Story in Beetle PSX. I played a lot last month but had to pause it for a while.

Now some of the text is not being displayed, like target names and item description. Everything was working fine before.

Anyone has any idea of what might be happening?

I am running it on Archlinux so I am thinking that a recent update might have caused it? I also changed my monitor and have a ultra wide monitor now, so maybe that (?), I don’t know.

Is there any configuration for hiding displaying layers in bettle PSX?

Ok rolling back the last beetle psx upgrade solved it for me.

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same problem. Could you please tell where you found the rollback file(s) and where did you overwrite them? Thanks!

Could I trouble one of you guys to open a ticket (preferably with some screenshots explaining the issue) here: https://github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/

It would also be useful if you could pinpoint which commit caused the issue.

Are you using Arch? In my case I check what was the previous version of beetle-psx that I was using by reading the log /var/log/pacman.log (open the file and search the last line that beetle-psx, check the versions). I found the following line:

[2020-09-13T10:42:53-0400] [ALPM] upgraded libretro-beetle-psx-hw (2362-1 -> 2383-1)

Then I installed the previous version back using my cache:

sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libretro-beetle-psx-hw-2362-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

You can search for the files available in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ to find the correct file.

If you are not using Arch then I don’t know. Try finding your distro equivalent of version 2362.

@hunterk I will try posting on github.

1 Like