MME4CRT SR2(Switchres) - Huge Update. Most User Issues Resolved

There is a bug with the ATI GL drivers. In windows 8.1 upwards which effects switchres. Are you using GL?

If so please try D3D or Vulkan.

I need to update the docs.

I am on Win7.

The thing isā€¦i donā€™t even know where to start explaining my problems, lol.

• DX11: Retroarch crashes on start
  • DX10: Retroarch starts but N64 core does not ResSwitch
  • DX9: Retroarch blackscreen on start
  • Vulkan: Retroarch starts but N64 core donā€™t ResSwitch

I downloaded the Webinstaller for DX versions and it says that im already ā€œup to dateā€ā€¦(RA installs DX9 by default anyway)

Prior toā€¦i dunno maybe RA 1.90? everything workedā€¦maybe a Win7 update messed something up because thats the only thing i can remember of happening in the time between 1.90 and 1.95 -_-

Does using Vulkan depend on the age of your GPU? I have an ATI 6570 on Win10 on my CRT_emudriver PC and when I try to use any video backend besides GL in RA I get a black screen.

It sucks because Vulkan offers lowest input lag of all backends. Iā€™d like to use it.

yes, too old:

Come over to the GroovyArcade discord. Jump on the RetroArch chanell and descuss your issues. Youā€™ll find the windows testers here who should be able to help.

1 Like

I fixed N64 res switching and a few overscan issues by switching from super resolution to native for whatever reasonā€¦well i dont complain.

What was the complete modeline in crt Switch for 2560x200 xxx xxxxxx xxxxx etc for the 15khz??

I cant play gba games in my crt tv now with the new 480i resolution

if you follow the guides in the CRT switchres docs you can create custom ranges which will allow you to get 240 handheld resolutions. Docs here

I will be adding options to switch 480i resolution to 240p. This can then be saved as a core override. Not sure when it will be ready. so for now follow the docs for now or jump on the GrooveyArcade discord. many people here can help you get this working.

FYI, GBA resolution is actually 160p

1 Like

Hi @Alphanu , Iā€™ve got a bit of a problem I hope you could clear up for me. Using the standard 31khz@120 preset with a 1920 super resolution on my VGA, DuckStation correctly switches between 240 & 480 on the vertical axis. The problem is that the 480 resolution runs at 60hz, which causes unbelievable stuttering as the Vsync Swap Interval is set to ā€˜2ā€™. This is a setting Iā€™d like to keep as is.

So Iā€™ve tried configuring an .ini with a ā€˜user_modeā€™ of 1920x0@120. Both the ā€˜pc_31_120ā€™ & ā€˜pc_70_120ā€™ presets crash the core when attempting to switch to 480, however. Iā€™ll provide logs for both scenarios.

pc_70_120: https://pastebin.com/7TBJtVKd

pc_31_120: https://pastebin.com/MJeDcqsv

Contents of the .ini file: https://pastebin.com/muaGQwtn (only differs in user_mode)

Thank you in advance!

It looks like a 480 resolution is not chosen reading through the logs. Have you defiantly got 1920x480@120 installed?

Also have you installed you resolutions in dynamic mode. They need to be installed the same way you would for GroovyMame.

Both 1920x480@60 & 120 hz respectively are installed through CRU on Windows, so not dynamic.

Remove @60 just to test it does indeed work. Let me know

Removing @60 and running DuckStation using the 31khz@120 preset resulted in a crash similar to when Iā€™d use the .ini method earlier.

Log: https://pastebin.com/16yAJ7Hk

Edit Confirmed that itā€™s not core-related by running a game in Beetle Saturn which also switches to 480. Crashed in precisely the same manner without the 60hz installed.

To think that it was published as a novelty, the CRT Switch (in Linux) is dead. Having an option that does not serve affects the project image.

This works perfectly fine for hundreds of other people. It is all about your setup.

Join the GrooveyArcade forum and these people will be able to help with your issues

Are you joking with me?

No. There is loads of support since the switch over to SR2 by the guys over at the discord.

They will be able to help with missing libraries as well.

I have a problem with a retroarch feature and I have to look for solution in GrooveyArcade. Obviously! How come I did not think of it before.

Anyway, the wiki that you gave me, says that in Linux you do not need anything additional.

Hi @Alphanu. I have CRT SwitchRes working with the old method in RA 1.9.4 (VMMaker to install modelines). If I upgrade to the latest RA version, set the basic SwitchRes settings in RA, and use the SwitchRes.ini file provided by those docs, would I need to do anything else? Like write my own modelines?

Edit:

I should note Iā€™m using Windows 10, CRT Emudriver, and an ATI HD 5450.

The libraries are in the repository. When retroarch is installed does not install the libraries as dependencies. Nobody who use Ubuntu will be able to use this feature if it does not manually install the libraries.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1344364/i-am-getting-error-about-x11-library