Mupen64Plus Majora's Mask no menu controls

I can’t select any items in the inventory. I know the Right stick is working as the C-Buttons. I didn’t have this problem in Ocarina of Time. Am I missing some setting? I’m using 1.4.1

Are you talking about GLupeN64 which now is forked and renamed mupen64plus-libretro or are you talking about former mupen64plus-libretro which is now called parallel-n64.

Confusing right?

Anyway you could try the last official GLupeN64 build out with proper commits before @loganmc10 shut down the project. That build works 100% in the menus in Majora’s Mask.

Well I just tried the GLupeN64 you linked to, but no change. Same with the ParallelN64 listed in the core updater. I’m using a fresh install, so I downloaded the Muper64Plus core that is in the core updater, so I don’t know exactly which one it is. But none of those core worked, so is it an issue with my controller settings? I have seen in other posts that might be a problem.

Maybe it’s your ROM file, maybe try another one?

Nope, fresh ROM from… apparently I can’t say

Rule number 1:never talk about fight club. Rule number 2:NEVER talk about fight club! (F***ING hashtag BS makes this look dumb,I don’t wanna put hash-tagging on it) Go ahead and edit out that location or change the comment entirely please,thank you.

I think its just some annoying changes done for N64 and other cores. Like when I updated on Android,it thinks I use the Japanese style button input for menus because A and B were swapped on non-Japanese mode,then there was the mess of Retropad inputs that scrambled several buttons from their original spot,and I had to remap many of them to fix that annoyance as well.

Though this was on Android,I don’t know how the Windows etc. versions do it since I prefer stand-alone emus on Windows even though the N64 cores have rewind access with better stability and performance than BizHawk.

A core for PJ64 would be nice on Windows if rewind support works decently and if cheat entering is simpler on Windows than the nightmare it is on Android. Although,PJ64 has an early adaptation on Android as well,but it still runs like a mess with many crashes.

Just tried updating autoconfig profiles, no change. I’m using an Xbox One Controller.

Hi there, I just ran into this same problem. There is no issue with my controller’s mapping layout and I’ve tried both analog and digital button presses to try and select items in the menu.

This happened after swapping around some files and restoring my backup save with a different file name - I was trying to get ICE to work.

I tried creating a new game in the 2nd slot on my original .srm but still had the same problem. It seems there is some sort of corruption here, I deleted the save and created a new game in the 1st slot and I can access the menu items now. I guess i’m restarting the game now…

Hate to say it, but I’ve already beaten Majora’s Mask. Had Zelda Collector’s Edition the whole time.

Buuuutttttttt, I’d still like to be able to emulate it. So you made one file in game, had the problem. Then made a second file in game, on the original .srm, same thing. Did you delete the .srm or the first save file in game? Then just making a new file in game worked?

I deleted my original .srm and started over with a clean one.

Okay, thanks. I’ll try that.

Erm… what platform you on? I’m on iOS and things are going fine. I’m about to do the Great Bay Temple. ;x

I’m on windows using 1.4.1

Mmmh, try 1.0.0.2 until it fixes? ;d