Mupen64Plus OpenGL 2.5 eda9d16 only 20 FPS and less options

Hello,

I was wondering why there is no possibility for the latest mupen64plus to run games at 60 fps? Also the options menu of the current version seems to be missing many of the old settings.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much in advance!

There was a name shuffle a couple of months ago whereby the old GLupen64 core was renamed to mupen64plus and the old mupen64plus was renamed to ParaLLEl. So, you can get all of the same options you had before through the ParaLLEl core.

Thank you, that did the trick!

Which core do you suggest is better?

I’m using ParaLLEl and loving it. I was using mupen64plus because the 16:9 option was awesome, instead of stretching the image it would just “open the screen” showing more stuff, best option ever and parallel widescreen option sux ass because it stretches the picture.

But I choose ParaLLel because my games runs faster with it and there is an option to run games on fullspeed and I think that option unlocks the 30fps limit from some games (anyone correct me if i’m wrong), Zelda, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are running full speed 60fps here and that option alone made me choose parallel core.

what are the options for ParaLLel ? @Squilenator Tryed it on mario tennis but i had several glitches in the game. So i switched back to Mupen. But playin Zelda and co at 60fps/widescreen would be a pleassure ^^

@Dressiel i just use Framerate: Fullspeed, and indeed there are several glitches on mario tennis, i guess the best approach is to use some games with mupen64plus and some with parallel.

ah thanks anyway for the quick reply :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I like Mupen64Plus core options but I miss the video plugin and normal or fullspeed options, along with the wide-screen Mupen provides. Conquer’s Bad Fur Day runs with very low internal FPS, in Parallel it does run much smoother, is there any way to use the same options in Mupen?

Not easily, no. That’s actually why the mupen64plus core exists: ParaLLEl-N64 had/has diverged quite a bit from upstream mupen64plus to the point that it’s difficult to copy things back and forth.