My 1440p Sony PVM Night Overlays

Not been on here for a while, or even used Retroarch for 2 years - how time has flown. So much has changed since then, especially in the shaders part of Retroarch, and more specifically HSM’s awesome Bezel Reflection Shader. So I have created some overlays/backgrounds specifically for this shader. For now, I only have a few finished, but I have another 20 I am working on, with the aim to release a full package including the shader presets. These, for now, are 1440p only, this is the only display size I currently have, so no 4k, although I could do a 1080p set. Here are a few screenshots.

Hope to get enough finished to do a decent size upload, real soon. All comments welcome.

22 Likes

These look amazing! I love the lighting. :star_struck:

1 Like

Indeed, they look really good! Awesome work!

1 Like

I jumped the gun a bit too quick, and posted these too quickly. I now am using a beta shader and things look a lot more natural, and better lighting. Can’t show too much here, since the shader and newer Retroarch are not yet released, but will make sure when they are, I will have a whole pack to upload.
Here are just a few examples of some testing, including ambient lighting.

Bare Arcade Monitor

12 Likes

This is beautiful, will it be possible to use on android devices?

These overlays are absolutely stunning! Any updates on the release of them? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

it has been almost 3 years are you still going to release them

1 Like

It would be, these works of art that I am referring to. That borders on perfection. Could you make these Master available?

1 Like

I didn’t release them because the shader I was using was in testing, and you needed the shader to use them. Obviously, now, it’s been released as Megabezel shader. But at the time, the shader was getting ahead of me, and every new test meant a lot of re-work on previous overlays. Anyway, I am on an LG 4k OLED now, so these would need some scaling up to my current resolution, they were originally 1440p. I will try a few tests to see how everything looks.

4 Likes

Here is a first test at 4k, these will be a Sony PVM 4k OLED Series, so this might look very different on an LCD. Still working on getting the lighting correct. The PVM screen image is just a placeholder, so not really connected to the Sega theme.

And an early test version without the night lighting.

I am planning on a series of Sony PVM themes, using many different, 4k quality PVM images. Edit: Added another test, this time based on the Sony 20M2MDE PVM. This will be my most detailed overlay at 4k, you can zoom in on the PVM and read all the text, and what the buttons do.

8 Likes

Excelente :clap: Muito bom esses Overlays

3 Likes

The Sega Genesis is turned off. :see_no_evil:

Very nice, the lighting is very well achieved, looks nice to play with.

1 Like

Actually, the switch is on, because “off” is when the switch is set to the right.

2 Likes

Exactly, on the right it is “OFF”.

I’m sorry for the correction 3 years later, I do it in good faith, I’m a maniac with these things and sometimes I’m a pain in the ass.

And, where do you download them?

1 Like

Correction ? In my pictures, I have the switch set to ON, not off.

Seriously great looking these m8!

Suggestion, if you like it better.

The images you uploaded on Nov '20, the Mega Drive has the Power on the right, on “OFF”.

Do you see it on? :man_shrugging:t2: The lighting is beautiful.

Sorry, I couldn’t find the download link anywhere.

2 Likes

Sony PVM Test 5.

Almost finished the first Sony PVM overlay. To do: Tidy up lighting. Cut-out hole on PVM screen for alpha channel. Finish shader settings, line up centre emulated image with overlay. Final test, tidy up, and upload.

4 Likes

That’s too good. I can’t wait to test this out. If possible with Cyber ​​Shader. Get insane from Good. Congratulations.

1 Like

Thanks. I will test the Cyber Shader as soon as I have made the cut-out for the alpha channel, and post a pic.

7 Likes