My commint for incorrect translations (Italian)

I fixed two translations in Italian that were incorrect, so they can be understood better. In fact, by selecting the old “Save states” item you went to the options of saving but also loading states and therefore it is more understandable this way. I create a commit follow your istructions and I hope I did the commit well

Thank team for your work Hispa

Ah, thanks for taking a look! Did you submit the change through Crowd-In? If not, it will just get wiped out on the next translation sync.

No i use commint …libretro/RetroArch, following these istructions: Brazilian Portuguese Translations - RetroArch - Libretro Forums

So i must use Crowd.in ? but i dont know this procedure. If you want hre there is my file https://mega.nz/file/CFklxAza#LV7st3_5Maujfipw6c8uDPoXjzuqF1o4p2r_hC8fiA4

Thank Hispa

We have instructions for that here: https://docs.libretro.com/development/retroarch/new-translations-crowdin/

Ok but so my commint is not valid to update translation ?

Thank and good day Hispa

it can’t go directly into RetroArch’s codebase, no, because that part gets overwritten automatically by the crowdin stuff whenever the sync script runs.

Ok mate i follow your instructions and i made changements in Crowdin. How i can know if i made well the procedure ?

Thank Hispa

1 Like

I’m not sure, actually, as I don’t do that part of things, but I’ll try to reach out to one of the guys who does and we’ll follow up with you if there’s any issue.

Ok mate and thank you

Hispa

I’m asking you because I’m letting my son use RetroArch and many times he makes a mistake when he has to load a state because unfortunately “Save State” appears in the menu, while in the menu there is both the possibility of saving and also loading… and that’s why I requested the change on crowdin

Thank Hispa

Good morning and sorry, were you able to contact them so that they can proceed with the modification of the translation? Thank Hispa

The translation guy is looking into it and will let me/us know in a few hours. Since you’re in the discord server now, you can keep an eye on it in the translations channel.

EDIT: okay, looks like the Italian translation has an active translator, so we would need to get you guys together to discuss the nuances.

I explain well because i change translation: "…I fixed two translations in Italian that were incorrect, so they can be understood better. In fact, by selecting the old “Save states” item you went to the options of saving but also loading states and therefore it is more understandable this way. But no problem i am now on discord and my user is Kira9058

Hispa

hunterk good morning… On Crowdin my translations are rated from @StarFang208 and is Ok Now when Retroarch take the new translation ??

Thank Hispa