My Realistic Arcade Bezels

Here is my realistic Arcade bezels for Snapjack using @HyperspaceMadness’s reflection shaders.

7 Likes

Here is my realistic Arcade bezels for Golden Axe using @HyperspaceMadness’s reflection shaders.

7 Likes

Here I updated my realistic Arcade bezels for Street Fighter Alpha 3 using @HyperspaceMadness’s reflection shaders. The artwork bezels were made by @ArsInvictus

7 Likes

Here is my realistic Arcade bezels for Street Fighter 3 using @HyperspaceMadness’s reflection shaders. The artwork bezel was made by @ArsInvictus

7 Likes

Here is my realistic Arcade bezel for Varth: Operation Thunderstorm using @HyperspaceMadness’s reflection shaders. The artwork bezel was restored by @ArsInvictus

https://youtu.be/A98r-0fZbAE

7 Likes

My Food Fight, Realistic Arcade Bezel with the @HyperspaceMadness Shader & Dark Mode done by @MQC.

4 Likes

My Splat!, Realistic Arcade Bezel with the @HyperspaceMadness Reflective Shader. The artwork bezel in this video was restored by, @Thoggo

5 Likes

My Mouse Trap, Realistic Arcade Bezel with the @HyperspaceMadness Reflective Shader & Dark Mode done by @MQC and also with a Titled Screen.

6 Likes

Here is my Virtua Racing Realistic Arcade Bezel using @HyperspaceMadness Reflective Shader.

HyperspaceMadness’s reflectors shaders are a game changer in the world of bezels. I appreciate you my friend.

8 Likes

I lived model 1 intensely. This is one of my favorite games from that time, I want to have time to try them all! Thanks!!

2 Likes

Here is my Realistic Arcade Bezel for Pac-Man & Chomp Chomp using @HyperspaceMadness Reflection Shader. The original custom artwork bezel was created by Brendon Parker and used with his permission.

5 Likes

Here is my Jr. Pac-Man, Realistic Arcade Bezel with @HyperspaceMadness Reflective Shader.

6 Likes

@Orionsangel Where do we get your latest updates? I can only see last share back in Sep '20.

Regards DK

@Orionsangel is there a way to download all with one only link? Thanks for your work mate!!!

@Orionsangel thanks to @Tarrasque 's idea I was finally (after 3 years, lol) able to create a tool to convert your MAME overlays to Retroarch format: cosmo0/mame-retroarch-bezel-converter: Converter from MAME bezel artwork to Retroarch overlay files (github.com)

It works in the MAME -> RA direction, and I’m currently working on conversion in the other way.

There’s no release yet, let me know if you’re interested in it.

6 Likes

Done

MAME / Retroarch bezels and overlays converter | mame-retroarch-bezel-converter (cosmo0.github.io)

I’ll write up more things when I have some time.

3 Likes

Very nice. Thank you. Does it work vice versa? Converts Retroarch to MAME?

1 Like

Yes it works both ways.

At first I only wanted to convert your old MAME bezels to RA, but I saw that you wanted to convert your new RA overlays to MAME bezels, so I did it.

I haven’t yet tested it extensively, so make backups or run it on copies.

MAME to RetroArch:

mame-bezel-converter.exe mtr --source path\to\mame\zips --output-roms output/roms --output-overlays output/overlay --template-game templates/game.cfg --template-overlay templates/overlay.cfg

• --source is the path where you store your zip files containing your MAME bezels (I’m working on adding folders scan)
  • --output-overlays is where the png and overlay cfg files will be created
  • --output-roms is where rom cfg files will be created (where the screen dimensions are stored)
  • --template-game is a template rom cfg that will be modified (a sample is provided)
  • --template-overlay is a template overlay cfg that will be modified (a sample is provided)

RetroArch to MAME:

mame-bezel-converter.exe rtm --source-roms path/to/rom/files --source-configs path/to/config/files --output path/to/output --template templates/default.lay --zip

• --source-roms is the path to the rom cfg (the .zip.cfg files)
  • --source-configs is the path to the folder where the cfg files are located
  • --output is where the MAME bezels will be created
  • --template is the template for the lay file that will be modified (a sample is provided)
  • --zip zips the result (otherwise it just creates a folder)

You can add to both commands:

• --overwrite to overwrite existing files
  • --scan-bezel to scan transparent pixels in the images instead of relying on the cfg/lay files
  • --debug path/to/debug to see the result of the conversion (it creates an image with a red square where the screen will be)
  • --margin 10 to add or remove a 10px margin (positive value to crop a bit of the screen)
  • --threads 4 to use 4 threads
3 Likes

Thank you! I’m going to try it. This could be the time saver I was looking for.

1 Like

I will work to create cfg files based on images, if it interests you, and to check it everything is correctly configured.

3 Likes