New sonkun crt guest advanced hd presets thread

New Version Release (11/30/2022)

Changes Made

• Uses @guest.r’s lateset shader update Version (2022-11-28-r1).

• Retweaked sharpness for composite presets giving it a more blurry analog-like feel, small sharpness detail tweak on svideo and rgb presets.

• Retweaked some scanline settings

• Removed shader borders from all presets allowing you to see all of the image on the edges of the screen (If you’re using any bezels/overlays they usually come with their own pre installed borders anyway).

• Added a little more contrast and glow making this my most vivid and brightest shader pack to date, @Fab I went a little overboard as you suggested lol.

As always you can grab the new pack in the first post.

6 Likes

I like it, it’s noticeably different while still retaining your style!

3 Likes

Thanks I tried to switch it up a little, I guess the main differences is that it’s a little brighter and scanlines are a little thicker. With thicker scanline though plus with the curvature comes a little more moire, I may go back and do a small tweak in the scanlines settings to try and reduce the moire by just a little bit, other than that I like how they came out especially the composite presets, I think I put the right amount of blur and smoothness to them. Also the negative contrast from the grade shader caught me by surprise, I think that it brings out the colors a bit more.

I may do a quick retweak later today in the scanlines settings to try and reduce the moire by just a little, I’ll see. I might put up a new link later we’ll see. For now I definitely like how my presets came out and I’m hoping everyone likes them.

2 Likes

New Version Release (12/02/2022)

Changes Made

• Retweaked a couple scanline settings, reduced moire by a little bit compared to the last pack released.

Grab the latest pack in the first post.

1 Like

just found out it is vulkan glcore works

1 Like

Nice. Maybe you’ll figure out what’s been giving you issues with vulkan at some point.

1 Like

I would try to replace the first passes with stock shader if maybe the problem is there. It can be done from the RA menu options, no biggie.

Hi, I am a bit inactive lately and have to catch up a lot. Just wanted share a video from YouTuber Retro Crisis, who made a video installation guide for your Shader. I think you might find it interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDcmPpDUZwA

4 Likes

Oh wow, my shader presets are getting some prime time exposure? Let me head over and leave a comment. Thank you for the link this is amazing.

5 Likes

@thingsiplay my presets just got another video about them this time showing off the dithering and transparency effects, guess Retro Crisis really likes my shaders lol. I definitely appreciate the love and exposure. I see the download link on my first post has been clicked on a lot since he put up those videos up, hope more people get to experience it.

4 Likes

Looking good @sonkun, I guess I can retire now. lol

2 Likes

Thank you, loving the exposure they’re getting. And where do you think you’re going mr. retire? Me and you will be tweaking our shaders for days to come as long as guest continually put out new updates, our jobs will never be done lol

2 Likes

FYI…I am seeing the exact same issue. Maybe AMD/Radeon related? That is my GPU anyway.

Vulkan

GLCore

1 Like

I see, you’re the second person now to report that issue. It looks like at least switching to the glcore driver fixes that issue so that’s good.

Both @B-Nerd and myself are using AMD GPUs. I have another machine with a GTX 950. I’ll do a fresh install on that and see if I have the same issue. I’m betting it will work fine.

1 Like

Ok, this will be a good test to see if it’s possibly just an AMD issue. Also do you get a black screen with the svideo and rgb presets? Or is it just composite only?

yep it is with rgb, svideo & composite

If such an error occours with someone’s setup, then it’s best to identify the problem causing pass by replacing them one by one with the stock shader. It can be done from the RA shaders/passes menu.

1 Like

I did this and replaced each pass with crt-guest-advanced-hd-pass1.slang and had the same result.

Did I do it right? This is what my retroarch.slangp looks like (I saved it just to have a copy)…

shader0 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/hd/crt-guest-advanced-hd-pass1.slang"
filter_linear0 = "true"
wrap_mode0 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input0 = "false"
alias0 = ""
float_framebuffer0 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer0 = "false"
scale_type_x0 = "source"
scale_x0 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y0 = "source"
scale_y0 = "1.000000"
shader1 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/hd/crt-guest-advanced-hd-pass1.slang"
filter_linear1 = "true"
wrap_mode1 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input1 = "false"
alias1 = "StockPass"
float_framebuffer1 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer1 = "false"
scale_type_x1 = "source"
scale_x1 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y1 = "source"
scale_y1 = "1.000000"
shader2 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/hd/crt-guest-advanced-hd-pass1.slang"
filter_linear2 = "false"
wrap_mode2 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input2 = "false"
alias2 = "AfterglowPass"
float_framebuffer2 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer2 = "false"
scale_type_x2 = "source"
scale_x2 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y2 = "source"
scale_y2 = "1.000000"
shader3 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/hd/crt-guest-advanced-hd-pass1.slang"
filter_linear3 = "false"
wrap_mode3 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input3 = "true"
alias3 = "PrePass"
float_framebuffer3 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer3 = "false"
scale_type_x3 = "source"
scale_x3 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y3 = "source"
scale_y3 = "1.000000"
shader4 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/hd/crt-guest-advanced-hd-pass1.slang"
filter_linear4 = "true"
wrap_mode4 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input4 = "false"
alias4 = "LinearizePass"
float_framebuffer4 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer4 = "false"
scale_type_x4 = "source"
scale_x4 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y4 = "source"
scale_y4 = "1.000000"
shader5 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/hd/crt-guest-advanced-hd-pass1.slang"
filter_linear5 = "true"
wrap_mode5 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input5 = "false"
alias5 = "Pass1"
float_framebuffer5 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer5 = "false"
scale_type_x5 = "viewport"
scale_x5 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y5 = "source"
scale_y5 = "1.000000"
shader6 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/hd/crt-guest-advanced-hd-pass1.slang"
filter_linear6 = "true"
wrap_mode6 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input6 = "false"
alias6 = ""
float_framebuffer6 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer6 = "false"
scale_type_x6 = "absolute"
scale_x6 = "800"
scale_type_y6 = "source"
scale_y6 = "1.000000"
shader7 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/hd/crt-guest-advanced-hd-pass1.slang"
filter_linear7 = "true"
wrap_mode7 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input7 = "false"
alias7 = "BloomPass"
float_framebuffer7 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer7 = "false"
scale_type_x7 = "source"
scale_x7 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y7 = "absolute"
scale_y7 = "600"
shader8 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/hd/crt-guest-advanced-hd-pass2.slang"
filter_linear8 = "true"
wrap_mode8 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input8 = "false"
alias8 = ""
float_framebuffer8 = "true"
srgb_framebuffer8 = "false"
scale_type_x8 = "viewport"
scale_x8 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y8 = "viewport"
scale_y8 = "1.000000"
shader9 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/hd/crt-guest-advanced-hd-pass1.slang"
filter_linear9 = "true"
wrap_mode9 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input9 = "false"
alias9 = ""
float_framebuffer9 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer9 = "false"
scale_type_x9 = "viewport"
scale_x9 = "1.000000"
scale_type_y9 = "viewport"
scale_y9 = "1.000000"
textures = "SamplerLUT1;SamplerLUT2;SamplerLUT3;SamplerLUT4"
SamplerLUT1 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/advanced/lut/trinitron-lut.png"
SamplerLUT1_linear = "true"
SamplerLUT1_wrap_mode = "clamp_to_border"
SamplerLUT1_mipmap = "false"
SamplerLUT2 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/advanced/lut/inv-trinitron-lut.png"
SamplerLUT2_linear = "true"
SamplerLUT2_wrap_mode = "clamp_to_border"
SamplerLUT2_mipmap = "false"
SamplerLUT3 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/advanced/lut/nec-lut.png"
SamplerLUT3_linear = "true"
SamplerLUT3_wrap_mode = "clamp_to_border"
SamplerLUT3_mipmap = "false"
SamplerLUT4 = "shaders_slang/crt/shaders/guest/advanced/lut/ntsc-lut.png"
SamplerLUT4_linear = "true"
SamplerLUT4_wrap_mode = "clamp_to_border"
SamplerLUT4_mipmap = "false"

p.s. Using just the crt-guest-advanced-hd shader works as expected.

2 Likes

It has to be the stock shader.

crt-guest-advanced-hd-pass1.slang reads from a sampler/alias named LinearizePass, which is somewhere in the middle of the chain, making the whole composition non-valid.

1 Like