New version of mednafen

A new interesting version of mednafen has been released. It fix bugs un spyro 2 & 3 PAL versions wich are fully playable now and add support of sbi files of redump image (for protected games). Would be possible to include it un next release of mednafen core?

Hopefully it fixes FFIX PAL too. At least the Spanish located version doesn’t work with the protection fix patched.

I didn’t have pb with FF9 PAL FR version. I tried patched and rotected version.

Yes, must be the Spanish patch only. Only audio is rendered.

U tried with last version? 0.9.36.5?

Where do I find last core builds? I tested with the last I had around 0.9.36.3, it now worked with the protection patch. If you hand me this core I can test whether it works also unpatched with only the sbi files.

I don’t have core build for 0.9.36.5 i tested with win64 build downloaded on official site. We have to wait that the core be updated.

Does someone know where i can find the libretro-beetle-psx dll core for win32/64 based on last mednafen changes (0.9.36.5)?

Still haven’t pushed new cores, when they are up they should be in buildbot.libretro.com, I’m making some changes on the core building process.

For Win32/64? Would be very good ! In any case thank you for your work libretrowill become i’m sure the reference to emulate old system !

Yeah most stuff should build for both platforms, I had to change the toolchain for mednafen win win32 and I’ve been writing a script to be able to build different cores with different toolchains instead of manually building some stuff.

Problematic cores (c++ cores) will be build with toolchains with SJLJ exception handling model, the rest will be built with MSYS2 default MINGW (SEH for x64 and DW2 for x86) Up-to-date stuff should be up later today.

OK thanks. Is possible to import and compile myself mednafen psx core? In fact i’m interesting in emuator developpement and i would be interesting to try some optimizations i’m thinking in when i’ve browsed mednafen sources.

Thanks.

You can always submit patches to each emulator repository. The best way to get the cores and build them is to use https://github.com/libretro/libretro-super

You need to setup a mingw/mingw-w64 environment of course, then libretro-fetch, libretro-build and the new script I pushed, libretro-buildbot-recipe can help you build stuff. Setting up the toolchains is up to you though.

You can use https://gist.github.com/heuripedes/b6da0fea68b648bdd2ae#file-pure-msys2-build-md as a reference, I use those toolchains for most cores anyway. I use the other toolchain for C++ cores that use exceptions or that crash…

Anyway, I just checked and a win64 build is being pushed at the moment. Win32 will go aftewards

I’ve downloaded the core package (2014-11-09) but in the info file the versionof mednafen is “v0.9.36.3”

The last version of mednafen with interesting update (support of .sbi files, fix for spyro 2/3) is v0.9.36.5.

I don’t update info files, just load the core it’s 0.9.36.5

Great ! Thanks :wink: Is the core compatible with retroarch 1.0.0.2 or i have to update retroarch too?

1.0.0.2 is ancient by now I think dualshock/dualanalog stuff would be broken in mednafen’s case. Bot should upload an updated retroarch in 10 minutes IIRC, retroarch.exe was failing to build for the last 2 days and I hadn’t noticed

Yes in retroarch 1.0.0.2 dualshock/dualanalog don’t work good and i read on the forum is related to retroarch version so if with update version of retroarch it’s working it’s not good … it’s wonderful !

I will post here the resultas of my test, i have very much games to test :wink:

I’ve just downloaded nightly win64 built (retroarch + core) and did some test in mednafen.

The psx core is very slow. With this built my framerate in 3D scenes is 38/39 fps but in last stable build was always at max. With the stand alone version of mednafen i don’t have this pb so i think is related to retroarch/core. Secondly my xbox360 controller is detected but doesn’t work.

I know is nightly build so perhaps is normal but i prefer post here the result of my test to help development :wink:

Make sure rewind is disabled and for the joypad make sure it’s. Set to winxinput under input options