No MAME for RPi3 builds?

I’ve installed the PC Lakka build everything works great (boot from USB), most the MAME games work (MAME 2003), I install the RPi3 build and MAME is missing? I’ve downloaded the FBA ROM pack and quite a few ROMS that I like (robotron, stargate, tempest, etc) are missing, so my only option seems to be to try to get MAME on the RPi3 build. Is this something I can just re-compile and add?

have the same problem on Odroid C2. maybe theere are some issues with that mame-core and the cpu-architecture of Pi3 and C2 ?!?!

Do you mean current mame or mame2014/2010/2003 ? There is no point in running current mame on arm.

mean mame2003, at least for me

Yea mame2003 is totally fine for me, that’s what I’m running on the PC version, so all the same ROMS should work on the RPi3 if it had it compiled in.

I’m adding mame2003 to all Lakka images then

2 Likes

Hello,

I have similar question. How to force lakka to scan using MAME or MAME2013 database ? Every time I scan my Arcade roms, FB Alpha database is used and FB Alpha playlist is created.

Wait until the images containing mame2013 are available. Then we will check if scanning is working OK on the 0.78 romset.

for Mame you can try create a playlist with AHK Playlist Buddy AHK Playlist Buddy - Playlist and thumbnail generation for RetroArch by this you can force core of your choice and set a database-file matching to your romset!

Thanks @shakalakka, AHK Playlist Buddy actually helped