Not yet ported open source emulators you want to see in RetroArch?

I have one in progress for palmOS but it barely works and is kind of abandoned.

Persian Tree

Theres also POSE but it does not support palmOS 5 games.

@guicrith

This is pretty cool. If I weren’t working 80 hrs a week I’d contribute hah

Would like to see an Android and medusa libretro core! medusa is mGBA with DS emulation included. https://mgba.io/2017/04/08/medusa/

Dunno how accurate this is, but I had heard that endrift was putting medusa on ice for a while, since MelonDS, which we do have already, is making such rapid progress.

think instead of adding new cores every week, please works on the N64 Cores (for more accuracy) or at least adding support for real N64 Controller + Mayflash Adapter (without the well known input-range issues) :slight_smile:

An Adobe Flash core would also be cool! Here is an actively developed open source alternative: https://github.com/lightspark/lightspark

1 Like

hey. i like this. since flash is on the way out we’ll need something like this too.

2 Likes

Another thing that would be cool is a Java core even though I don’t know how they would implement it. I know that I am asking for alot but just sayin’!

I think this could work better as a core for Flash: http://tulrich.com/textweb.pl?path=geekstuff/gameswf.txt I really don’t know tbh!

1 Like

SuperTux is everything we need!

1 Like

Thought I post this here too:

psxact is a promising accuracy focused Sony PlayStation emulator that could benefit from being ported to Libretro.

Currently CLI and SDL is required to run it.

I pitched the idea to Mr. adam-becker about maybe teaming up with the RetroArch team and make a Libretro core out of psxact.

He weren’t familiar to Libretro but were open to the idea.

I know the chances are slim for a Libretro port but at least he gets some attention because he got something good going on with psxact for sure.

OpenBeats of Rage might be cool

Definitely ouYabause. I believe it’s open source and is the only Saturn emulator that works really good specifically for Android so far and it’s constantly updated. Dying to get some Saturn gaming going on RA on the Droid using shaders.

The Mednafen Saturn core works marginally ok on an iPhone 6s so I imagine with another generation or 2 of phones it should be as close to full speed as the Mednafen PSX (software) core is now.

Also, is eduke32 open source? I’d like to see a Duke Nuken/build engine core to compliment Doom and Quake.

PCSX2 ReArmed - Playstation 2

FM-TOWNS emulator please !!!

OpenMSX -------------- Laserdisc MSX and best accurate emulator

Daphne and Daphne Singe ---- LD

OpenBOR

Paintown ------------- Same as OpenBOR but with MUGEN support

ResidualVM --------- 3D adventure games

Cannonball------------ Out Run and 60 fps

BennuGD --------- A lot of games are created for this engine, specially Streets of Rage Remake

HBmame --------------- Homebrew MAME

MameHUB ------------ MAME and MESS online gameplay

FSUAE --------- We want to run WHDload games and don’t mess with floppy files

4 Likes

What about hhugboy, it support a few more gb/gbc games than current cores does

A Phillips CD-I emulator!!! And Mesen, the BEST nes emulator (100% compatibility in mappers and romtest)

Mesen, SameBoy and Supermodel.

:smiley: