P-UAE Amiga Core: unable to save/load state

Hello,

I’ve managed to sucessfully run this core on my smartphone with whdload games and configuration files made with uae4arm. Problem is, P-UAE core does not support saving/loading features apparently.

Is it just me or is there a way to workaround this?

I love retroarch, it’s just a pity some cores are nearly abandoned and rarely udpated.

1 Like

I’m afraid saving/loading does not work very well on P-UAE for now, I was never able to save a state from within Retroarch, I just relied on the internal saving method for each game (if available).

By the way, would you be able to extract the P-UAE core? I had it but lost it recently, and now I’m unable to download from the Online Updater. I’m looking for someone that could share it :slight_smile:

I don’t know how to extract the core for you: can you guide me through the process?

It would be great to have a Retroarch Amiga core based on uae4arm…

Thanks for the reply!

I’m trying to compile the core from the sources and I see there’s also another Amiga core for FS-UAE (pretty nice software computers only), but I think it’s not finished yet, I can’t find it on the online updater for either Android, Windows or Linux. Not sure if there are any plans to port uae4arm to libretro, but that would be great too. Any Amiga cores are surely welcome :slight_smile:

About the core files, in Android they are located into the application data folders (only accessible to root users). If your device is rooted, you can go to: “/data/data/com.retroarch/cores” and you shall find “puae_libretro_android.so”, that’s the actual core. You’ll need a file manager like Root Explorer or any other root-friendly.

If you are actually able to take it from your phone you’ll make my day :wink:

I found the core well hidden in the internet :wink: I put a link to it in another thread opened just for that:

Thanks again!

Thanks to you! I’m not using a rooted phone at the moment, so I’m glad you found the core anyway :slight_smile:

I’ll keep my finger crossed and I’m hoping to see an updated version of this or another Amiga core for Retroarch, sooner or later.