ParaLLel64 fails to load everytime

Hey all,

I’m relatively new to Retroarch but not new to emulation as a whole. I’ve come upon a rather strange issue with the ParaLLel64 core on any version of RetroArch on just one of my computers. The current computer that I’m typing this post on fails to load the ParaLLel64 core no matter what. I can’t launch a game with this core nor can I even load the core. When I load the core the lower left hand screen still reads “no core”. When I first installed RetroArch on this computer ParaLLel64 worked just fine. I’m not sure when it stopped working and much to my dismay I found that I never turned Windows System Restore on when I built this computer so I have no restore points that I can go back to. Mupen64Plus has not had a single issue loading or running a game. I’m wondering how I can found out what is causing this issue on just this computer as my other 2 computers load up the ParaLLel64 core just fine. My computer specs are:

Core i3 2120
8GB RAM GTX 650 Windows 7 X64 Currently running RetroArch 1.5.0 and just installed 1.6.9

The other 2 computers are running Windows 7 as well but one is 32bit and the other is 64bit.

Any thoughts where I could start digging? I have tried using the core updater and that has not helped.

You need to install the MSVC redist package from Microsoft. We’re planning to bake that dependency in but haven’t done it yet.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the lightning fast response Hunterk! That did the trick!

I’m having the same problem. It was working prior to downloading the latest Parallel 64 core. I’ve tried reinstalling multiple MSVC packages and rolling back nvidia drivers but no love. Do you remember which MSVC package you downloaded?

My computer shows that I downloaded MSVC 2013 Redistributable X64 12.0.40660 and 2017 X64 14.11.25325.

MSVC is the reason there is no more Vulkan option in Parallel64.