PC98 core almost done, Help Needed

WOW! Great work guys. keep it coming with pics. looking forward to the bbot release

Yes that’s a lot better now! almost full speed!

Keeping “end” pushed down and reset core works for advanced options. Many games have sound problems.

The sound is better but is not perfect, it still makes a “ring” noise on start up where standalone makes a “beep”.

The ring noise is shortened though and more beep like.

Thanks for finding a way to remove that nasty hack I did though!

Yes it sound bad compared to standalone , and also no midi sound. BTW i finally success to load an FDI but floppy disk sound do an endless noise ;(

Hello @r-type @guicrith and @Tatsuya79

I tried this core on raspberry pi 3 , and joystick doesn’t work, why ? only keyboard work. Is it possible to make joystick working ?

I tested 2 games : metal force (hdi) rude breaker (fdi) -> sound problem

Is there a way to change parameters?

No joystick yet and poor sound support atm yes.

It needs some improvements.

Really bad, there are many interesting games Damage that I have no competence to develop

added basic joypad support on my fork , sound still bad atm. (taken from https://github.com/r-type/xmil-libretro as it seem X Millennium share some base code with np2 )

But as said by @Tatsuya79 it still needs lots of some improvements.

Yes. @r-type I try your version tomorrow

Too bad this sound problem persists, it looks great with some shaders to force 200p.

https://postimg.org/image/5zlle1mqv/

Yes i work on it and i have an idea. I hope sound will be a little better (clean)

1 Like

Some documents on that same site that had the x68k stuff.

For that “The Undocumented 9801” link, you have to see the original “non google translated” page to be able to browse further into categories.

Sorry not as good as I hoped , but a little more clean .

http://dl.free.fr/gsXqTAmez

Wow, just tried Rusty and that’s really good! Got no stutter and it’s really similar to np2 on windows I got here. :clap:

yes it sound better, but some game ( like Dungeon Master sound bad) how does it sound with np2 on win ?

Awful too. With plenty of redraws when that gate opens.

i wasn’t aware such games was ported on pc98!

shadow of the comet warcraft

Yes, so many games on this computer.

I’m a bit lost between those np2 cores. The one from your repo has this menu with F12 which can be great to use to load disks atm. Though the path stays blank, can’t chose a drive. It creates a np2.cfg in retroarch main folder.

The one from the buildbot doesn’t load the 1st disk of an archive (load content->zip file with disks inside). It doesn’t have any way to select disks at run time.

The libretro repo now has those two libretro/libreto-alt folders. Which one is it better to compile / push changes to? (or I just have to wait :stuck_out_tongue: )

yes it’s hard to follow :slight_smile:

For the libretro-alt , it has F12 builtin menu and mouse . if you have blank in file select , maybe related to relative/absolute path. i will have to fix that. and to fix also the np2.cfg.

the libretro one , which is the official , has just for now joy + fix for sound . i can/ will backport mouse in , but can’t deal with GUI in this implementation.

now it’s clear that it’s not simple to deal 2 implementations (for update ). i just put libretro-alt as a bonus , the official one is the libretro folder (so push/update have to be here first) . guicrith is the maintainer of this core .

Hello Guys

I will try to test in raspberry but Is there a manual ?

where are bios storage, bios list ?