PC98 core almost done, Help Needed

It needs to become a bit more user friendly.

But, bios and font.bmp go into system/np2/. (refer to what neko project II stand-alone needs) You’re better using hdi (hard drive images) right now as it’s more complicated to use floppies.

i forgot with libretro-alt you can also load floppy/hdd from cmdline or using a cmd text file. like puyo.cmd

np21 "/par ici/PuyoPuyo1.FDI" "/ou par la/PuyoPuyo2.FDI"

up to 4 floppy / 2 hdd

I’m testing the one updated from your repo, I can navigate in the browser now thanks! :slight_smile:

There is still a problem that you need to launch an hdi file twice within retroarch. The first launch starts the previous hard drive you loaded.

If I open the F11 menu and reset np2, the loaded hdi works then. Looks like the file path is given too late after init.

The sound is so much better than last time I tried this! So, is there no way to change settings in the port from the buildbot yet? I’d like to at least turn off the scanlines in 46 Okumen:

Also, it really needs stuff like numpad keys, space, enter and other inputs that games use mapped to the retropad. Maybe a core option for the directional keys, since some games use the numpad and others use arrows. For now I’m using an Antimicro map :open_mouth:

If you’re on the version where F11 works to bring the menu:

click on Screen -> Screen Option… and put a check in the Use skipline revisions option, and change the Ratio to the max number (255).

If not, go into system/np2/np2.cfg and change those 2 lines to:

skipline=true skplight=255

The menu doesn’t work in the buildbot version, but creating the np2 folder in system made the core create that cfg for me to edit, which works.

I can’t get Rusty to work. Looks like I have to change the CPU frequency from 5 to 2.5, but I don’t see any options in the cfg for that.

Yes you have to use the combo explain by @Tatsuya79 Keeping “end” pushed down and reset core works for advanced options. then you can change from here.

For my repo i wait to see with @guicrith if he want to merge it with the libretro one , i have merged all libretro-alt feature in his libretro implementation (so i had to change a little his code). if we merge , we will finally only have to update one implementation.

1 Like

I figured out how to do it in the cfg file. Set “DIPswtch=3e f3 6b” to change the frequency to 2.5. I also found out setting “clk_mult=40” gets Touhou 5 running at full speed :slight_smile:

nice tips thanks for the info!

Hello

I tried r-type libretro core in raspberry, I launch fdi files, it’s work fine but i can’t launch hdi file. Only keyboard works, and my keyboard h’asn’t F11 or F12 for menu I tried to enable joystick in np2.cfg but it doesn’t work.

Thanks a lot With your tips, I also now get working Burning Dragon Plus and Metal Force And also, Kotsujin is running at full speed

1 Like

Is there a way to make running fdi file ? Because Rude Breaker, a very nice shump, only exist in this format Thanks

It’s already working, just missing the extension in the core info file (I’ve just updated that in github).

Anticipation :stuck_out_tongue: : The joystick works in this game, you just need to activate it in the config menu. It’s line 7 ジョイスティック.

Well done All working now Thanks

Today, I tried Night Slave The game don’ t boot and there is a message in japanese with the words MIDI and CONFIG So, certainly a setting to change in the config regarding MIDI sound ? Maybe somebody know what to do ? Thanks

It says type 1, or 2 if you got problem with MIDI sound. 1 worked for me and music seemed to play fine.

OK, it worked Thanks

@r-type @guicrith Can you see what to do with those 2 libretro folders? I’d like to try adding some CPU speed core options and stuff in what will become the final core.

Imo having the windows menu still accessible with F11 is good while we have no other means to change disks during execution.

I think I have merge all libretro-alt features to the libretro in this commit .

I also notice @Twinaphex update and push some commit in the libretro one . @Tatsuya79 is right , we should choose an implementation.

@guicrith are you fine to merge the libretro change and then delete the libretro-alt ?

Yes, libretro-alt is better due to audio issues with my port. Also anything that was not required for emulation and got in the way of compiling I just removed like the menu and chunks of the screen driver.