PC98 core almost done, Help Needed

Thanks for this core, its working very well I just have a problem with Touhou games : the first one (Highly Responsive to Prayers) leads to black screen after the logo and for the second one (The Story of Eastern Wonderland), its starting normally but the controller is not responding. Regarding the 3 others games (number 3, 4 and 5), they are working properly.

Thanks

Same here, Touhou 1 isn’t working.

It works on stand-alone Neko Project II enhanced or np21w.

But on the older official one taken here it gives that black screen just like on the retroarch port.

Is it possible to add menu in L2 like px68k ? I use np2.cfg is it possible to use/add L2 button gamepad ?

Btw should be pretty easy to update( I’ve done it on my own) only few files to fix.

Great if you can push that! :slight_smile:

Np21w also got higher cpu multiplier and ram values which can be needed for the most recent games I suppose. I think it’s not just about unlocking them; there’s some timing fixes and type modifications.

I added the F11 key. I guess we can have it for the moment. It will help on android as you can use the touchscreen as a mouse and change disks, even if that’s clunky.

Just noticed FDD seek sound is broken and strangely enough it’s not my doing.

It was still there but ugly here. Then it completely disappeared (or just a small noise after memory check) from here on.

Also, could we open issues on github please?

I intentionally mute them off here (they was ugly and always looping so it make me mad)

but feel free to fix it and then we could re enable it. For issues I can’t help here as i don’t have any access to this repository .

Also yes it works with np21w-0.86-rev30 base code. But no time for now to re-add my hack in current git.

if you want test it (at your own risk :slight_smile: ) http://dl.free.fr/otKpkuFRY bonus the boring and ugly looping floppy sound are back!

Yes, they’re looping and looping… normally they should just stop after the reading access. :confused:

I noticed some typo here between “saturation” and “satuation”. I’m not sure if that’s really important.

Thanks you very much @Tatsuya79 to add L2 BUTTON (Gui Menu) Is it possible to use the joystick in the menu instead of the mouse like px68k ? On raspberry (recalbox)I don’t use keyboard or mouse only gamepad controller

Next step would be to use Retroarch disk management system and getting rid of that menu, not adding some strange mouse control with the pad.

Np2 “enhanced” (0.83 k8/fmgen) is the only one with decent sound. Of course it’s closed source… :confused:

In Touhou 2 if you listen to “End of Daylight”, when the song gets faster after the intro, it crackles like there is some internal saturation or something. It happens for FM and Midi, even with np21w. Only “enhanced” is fine.

PCM digit voices have more crackling in retroarch it seems. (ex Viper BTR, NSFW warning)

Anyone got E.S.P. working? I end up with a white screen? IE: http://imgur.com/1fQokSZ

It tells you to put dipswitch2 n°8 OFF. Which is the GDC clock at 5 or 2.5Mhz when resetting with “end” key pushed down.

I can’t use the colon key ( : ) with this core, it gives me plus ( + ) instead.

I looked at the code and saw no issue with the address used, I’m not sure what the problem is. My keyboard is always acting as qwerty on win7, that shouldn’t be an azerty issue.

edit: yes, same issue with the raw driver which allows me to use azerty; still no colon. Could be about the shift combination.

edit2: Ok got it back. The PC-98 keyboard differentiates semi-colon and colon keys. Shift value for those are respectively + and *. I mapped colon to what is in this spot on the qwerty keyboard, the quote key. So now quote is colon and caps *.

This may be a Japanese keyboard thing as I know Japanese keyboards do the same mapping of semicolon and plus. My guess is the original programmer for NekoRoject mapped the weird-ass PC-98 keyboard to a standard Japanese keyboard and maybe that showed up in the core as well?

Here’s a Japanese keyboard for reference–it’s like being in an extra-subpar episode of Sliders. you’ll find it the most frustrating if you need to add quotation marks or apostrophes.

1 Like

Thanks, I already fixed that. It’s a bit different from this one too.

Is anybody can launch Policenauts ?

Thanks