Up until tonight I’d been using the SGX core to play NEC games as, at the time, I wasn’t able to get the PCE core to load Arcade CD-ROM^2 games what-so-ever.
Tonight however, I’m wrapping up loose ends in the library, and the LAST GAME I need for the USA set is Magical Dinosaur Tour for the TurboGrafx-CD. Well I found a redump verified copy, plugged it into my SGX core… and it’s loading it like an Audio CD, and not a game. I even tracked down 2 other sources for the game thinking that was the issue… nope
So, after trying all 4 BIOS options with the game (syscard 1, 2, 3, and even games express for good measure), and getting nowhere, I figured I’d try out the PCE_Fast core again.
The good news is, it’s now loading my Arcade CD-ROM^2 games. Even appears to be a specific setting for this format in the core options… anyway, so I tried all those same BIOS options with PCE_Fast, and no luck…
I’m seeing however that PCE_Fast ALSO added options for syscard2 (US) and syscard 3 (US) on top of the previous 4. Personally, I think this is utterly FANTASTIC, so thank you to whoever took the time to add in these distinct options. There’s just onnnnnnne little itty bitty titty problem… the core info file doesn’t tell me what I’m supposed to name these files. I updated core info files twice to make sure I wasn’t crazy.
Just to be clear, I don’t think these 2 issues are related or anything, they just both popped up at once, and I need help with both… better than making 2 posts I figure lol.
In theory, since Magical Dinosaur Tour is just a TurboGrafx-CD game, it should load fine with the syscard2.pce that I’m currently using, which is the US variant that actually says “TurboGrafx-CD”, as well as either syscard3.pce as everything else does. However nothing works.
I would love some help here, I’m one title away from closing out the US side of this system, and being able to operate the US BIOS cards on top of that in particular is like a nice bow on top of the whole thing - if I can get it to work.