PCSX Rearmed Fix

Hello, I need you to fix the PCSXreARMED core since it fails in games like ToHeart and Final Fantasy VIII

In ToHeart it does not allow to advance and in order to play in FF8 I need to download an old core from Archive since the current versions do not allow me to play.

ToHeart fails in old (January 2020) and actual core (March 2020) FFVIII fails (black screen) and actual core (March 2020)

The Beetle PSX core does not work in conditions on notebooks without plugging in, however the PCSXreARMED can be played and streamed with OBS even without the notebook connected to power

I have had to remove the write permissions to the PcSXRearmed core to avoid updating the version that works and put the one that does not work with FFVIII

About running the Beetle PSX core: if you can’t reach fullspeed while running your laptop in portable mode, try to turn on “Threaded Video” in Settings > Video (it has downsides of course)

If you are running Beetle PSX HW with the Hardware Renderer, disable the 2nd option “Software Framebuffer” and see if it improves your performance. There is also the “CPU Dynarec” option which can give you quite a big boost:

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/beetle-psx-dynarec-public-beta-out-now-fast-and-accurate-wins-the-race/

I don’t use it myself, as I experienced game breaking issues in the 2 games I tested, after certain loading sections.

What CPU does your laptop have?

The problem is fixed with updated core