PCSX2 - sound issues

The Games within the PCSX2 RetroArch Core don’t work as they should be when it comes to the sound.

Just tried to play Need For Speed Underground 1 but the Sound is very heavily Shuttering.

Do you have any recommendations against that?

1 Like

That usually means you’re not running full speed.

Thanks, where can I configure running full speed?

it’s a function of the emulator, your CPU speed and your various settings. RetroArch’s default settings are usually performance-friendly, so unless you’ve changed something like setting hard gpu sync ON, etc., you’re probably good there.

I don’t know of any pcsx2-libretro core options that would provide a major speedup, but I would expect the defaults to be safe there, as well.

in other words if your cpu is too weak your never get full speed in some games

okay I see. to be honest, the sound shuttering is quite annoying. there is also a proper working standalone emulator available on the internet called pcsx2. that one works fine for me with all games… so it must be something wrong in the settings or the retroarch core and not on my computer. i also read about pcsx2 issues for other members and that the core is not developed entirely

nevertheless I haven’t found any options for mitigation on retroarch when it comes to the pcsx2 core and I agree on you, default settings are usually fine with the rest of retroarch cores and i am using the default settings.

Newbie user and I have similar issues trying to play some PS2 games in RetroArch with the PCSX2 core.

I tried to play a couple of Call of Duty games, the cut scenes all play fine, when actual game play however the audio is really bad and stuttering and crackling and its also a bit slow in places.

Does this mean my PC is just not fast enough?

Specs

• Windows 11
  • Processor: Core i3-10110U ; Litography 14nm ; # Cores 2 ; # Threads 4 ; Base Frequency 2.10 Ghz ; Turbo Frequency 4.10 Ghz ; Cache 4 MB Smart Cache
  • GPU: UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Processors ; Base Frequency 300 Mhz ; Turbo Frequency 1.00 Ghz ; DirectX Support 12 ; OpenGL Support 4.5 ; Quick Sync Video✓ ; Clear Video HD Technology✓ ; Clear Video Technology✓
  • RAM: 16GB ; DDR4
  • ROM: 512GB ; Technology M.2 PCI-e NVMe SSD ; Expandable 1x 2.5" HDD/SSD ; 1x Micro SD Card (Up to 128GB)
  • Network: Ethernet 1x 10/100/1000M Ethernet Adapter (RJ45) ; Wi-Fi Version 6 ; 802.11a/ac/b/g/n/ax Module – Dual-Band ; Bluetooth 5.1
  • I/O: ; USB4x USB Type-A 3.0 Port ; 1x USB Type-C ; Video2x HDMI 2.0a Port (4K@60Hz) ; Audio2x HDMI 2.0a Port (4K@60Hz) ; 3.5mm Headphone Jack

Thanks

hello there,

i faced same issue, that is crackling noise in between sound. my setting is using wasapi. i fixed the problem by increased the sound latency to 112 and the crackling sound is gone. not try in other game.

hope can help other.

I fixed my error by opening the game, pressing F1 and going to latency by disabling the waitable Swapchains

1 Like