Pi3 + Dosbox + Retropad = fail

Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to get Dosbox and my Logitech gamepad to work together and I’m getting no where. When using Retropad as the input type Dosbox is unresponsive. When using Mapper as the input, I’m able to get it to recognize start/select buttons to get past splash screens, but the DPad/Action buttons are dead.
Every other core just works with this controller with 0 issues, so I’m assuming it has to do with a dosbox config.

I’ve followed the instructions for getting a dos playlist, and keeping it basic - this is a sample conf for a game

[autoexec] @echo off mount c /storage/roms/DOS/TheLastE c: BEER.EXE

Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks

I have the same problem on PC with Xbox 360 gamepad(XInput). Did you solved it?

Did you use Core options to remap key to RetroPad ?

I never did solve it. To Gouchi’s suggestion - I did try to remap the keys manually also.

I’m in the process of moving to Lakka 2, and will revisit this once I’ve got it all back up and running. If I figure anything out, I’ll share here.

I’m looking at this closer tonight and happy to report that with Lakka2 I’m getting MUCH better results. I had to go into the controls for the core and map retropad keys, and then selected “mapper” as my User 1 input. The couple of games I’ve tried are playing and responding to this.

Unfortunately, some of my DOS games required alpha/numeric input plus the standard arrows/space/enter, etc. I’ve not found a way to bring up the virtual keyboard to enter things like my name to continue into the game.