Picodrive core not loading

Hi,

I’ve been using Retroaroch for a while now and I’ve recently installed it on my android TV (Sony X83c) and it all runs smoothly. I’ve got NES, SNES, N64 and PSX cores running perfectly but I’m having an issue with Picodrive.

I’m running a nightly build from early June, but this issue had been present on every version I’ve tried on my TV from the market version upwards through about five nightlies I’ve tried.

Also I want to be clear that I’m insisting on Picodrive for its 32x compatibility.

Basically when I try loading the core it didn’t change from saying “No Core” in the bottom left and when I select a rom it tries loading and then just says “Failed to load libretro core”. I’ve updated the core through the online updater loads of times and the Sega related roms sorry themselves correctly into playlists but I just can’t seem to get the core to work. I’ve read up on it and it’s a very prolific core so I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work and I don’t really want to do a full reinstall as I’m concerned over losing saves and config etc.

Did anyone have any ideas?

Cheers.

What version of Android is it running? IIRC, Android 6 breaks something related to picodrive.

Is there any chance you could get us a logcat of you trying to load the core?

I can’t check right the second, but I’m 90% sure it’s 6.0 but I’ll get back to you on that one.

Could you point me at instructions on how to get at the logs please and I’ll try to grab them for you.

You need a logcat application or a separate computer attached to the android device running adb logcat. Most logcat apps will let you filter by a keyword, in which case ‘RetroArch’ will show you all of the relevant lines. If you can do that, copy/paste it somewhere like pastebin and then post a link here.

Just to confirm it’s running 6.0.1.

Thanks for the pointers, given that it’s an android TV it’s not quite as straightforward but I think I’ve found some information that should get it sorted (I hope I can post links… If not it’s stackoverflow question 39834242 (really sorry if this info breaks any rules, it’s no intentional!))

I’d really appreciate any thoughts on the suggested process but either way it’s going to be a day or so before I get a chance to to set things up so I’ll get back to you.

Those directions look good to me.

Awesome, I’ll get back to you, probably Thursday.

Cheers bud.

Hey, I’ve had a dig through and got some logs together:

https://pastebin.com/HHu58q07

The error appears to say:

picodrive_libretro_android.so: has text relocations

Mean anything to you?

Sorry for the bump but does no one have any ideas?

Clearly the picodrive_libretro_android.so has some text relocations. That’s your problem right there

Right.

But what does that actually mean and what can be done about it?

just kiddin ya buddy and bumping your thread

Ah, no worries bud.

Wasn’t 100% sure I’d you were having a laugh or being a d*ck, this is the Internet after all lol.

Thanks for the bump though and hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction soon.

it’s this problem:

and there’s unfortunately nothing to be done about it unless notaz can help us out with the relocations. It doesn’t look like the changes made to pcsx-rearmed were very invasive but they’re over my head anyway.