Play! Running slow?

Hello,

Is there some options I need to change for ps2 play! ? I’ve got an r7 1700x and gtx 1060 6gb running on windows 10 and the core will not run full speed

Play! is still very much in development and compatibility is relatively low, and with high resource requirements. Even if a game boots and runs, it’s likely to have places that drop below full speed or be below full speed all the time.

I’ve been wondering the same thing, because I’m not surprised when random games like Devil May Cry, or Winback - Covert Operations only get 1-2 fps max…

I’m surprised when I see Gran Turismo 3 running like this:

Yet I still only get 1-2fps max with the exact same game. Something isn’t adding up there, and it could be literally anything with how early this core is, but it does have me extremely curious.

At Moment be better to use the PCSX2 Emulator to play PS2 Games

Forget about using Play! for ps2 emulation, ever. This emulator has been in development for years and progress is inexistent or purely cosmetic. I don’t think there’s a real intention to turn it into a mature emulator. If we really want to emulate ps2 on RA, a fork/rewrite of pcsx2 (with its software renderer which is awesome) is a more realistic idea.

Not trying to offend Play! author or RA developers, but Play! is probably never going to be a serious alternative for ps2 emulation.

If you want shaders for your ps2 emulation, by now, , you can use Reshade and the d3d9 backend of GSDX in software mode. You’ll have to use an outdated gsdx plugin, as they decided to delete d3d9 backend since 2 years ago. Fortunately, the software renderer was already complete back then, so you can use the outdated plugin with newer pcsx2 versions. Looks fantastic on my cab.

Greetings

1 Like

I’m not so much worried about playing games on the thing as I am in playing with the core itself. I like throwing things around, seeing what happens, learning how things work/don’t work etc etc.

Previously I thought it was 'cause I was using GLCore, but switching to OpenGL didn’t fix it either. It could be a hardware related issue. I am on AMD GPU with Intel CPU. Any number of things really.