Playstation 1 - Animated Border

Created this idea , of an hybrid animated control with a Classic Playstation 1 console style.

• Full HD 1920x1080 Resolution
  • 16:9 Screen Ratio
  • Responsive Animated Buttons

Recommended Video scale settings: (for a 16:9 screen ratio monitor)

SETTINGS >> VIDEO >> SCALING

• INTEGER SCALE: OFF
  • ASPECT RATIO: 4:3
  • CROP OVERSCAN: ON

Use this setting on fullscreen and you should be good to go.

NOTE: Buttons should be responsive to touch/mouse clicks, But was intended to be used as a decorative/cosmetic overlay/border. DO NOT use on systems without hard controls (joypads/keyboards) as it doesn´t have access to the retroarch menu, you’ll be stuck!

DOWNLOAD

9 Likes

This is a really nice overlay. After you posted it on the subreddit, I modified it slightly to remove the trademarked Sony logos and added a menu button (EDIT: and, to be clear, I put the sanitized version in the set of overlays that are included with RetroArch, so you can get it from the online updater)

4 Likes

Thanks! And (i wast sure) but thought that the sony logos would be a problem to make it available for the updater. I have planed and update with fixes to the l3 r3 buttons. A menu button . Bigger and best responsive to the animation on the D-pad and front buttons. And an optional clean logoless version for the updater. Meanwhile i am working on a sega genesis/megadrive one.

3 Likes