Please Show Off What a CRT + Shaders can do

Thanks to @hunterk to pointing me to the app ShaderGlass I got to mess with a few retroarch shaders on games outside retroarch. It’s still a little annoying but way less than so Reshade. Fun to play Doom Eternal and Seikiro on a CRT at low resolutions. (These shots are kinda grainy from my phone cam.)

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip, I was searching for an easy to way to apply the filters in places other than Retroarch. It’s pretty cool for other creative uses in art.

1 Like

Not an actual crt shader but gausian blur on a diamondtron crt in 240p. I wanted to show how it can look, soft and bright with vivid colors and sharp lines between the scanlines. However it is impossible to capture what it actually looks like irl. But I think these images were rather close.

2 Likes

That’s some sexy shots boi!

the menu screenshot looks really nice but I’m skeptical about additional blurring on N64 :thinking:

2 Likes

Since it is a vga crt it gets waaay too sharp without any blur. It looks good irl.

2 Likes

Vertical blur may be a bit much for small details, the numbers are kinda hard to see IMO. For example, what number is that next to the stick? I have to strain my eyes to really tell. Looks good overall though.

2 Likes

Yeah I am not sure it looks lile that. Like I said no prob irl. Maybe I will try to take another picture.

2 Likes

I have tried to get a better picture but it is simply impossible to get it right. Maybe with a better camera. Well it bassicly looks like I remember it, except without dithering and with a perfect signal. So it looks very, very good.

1 Like