Please show off what crt shaders can do!

Not yet. I was waiting until he’s completely finished with it, but if he is done with it, I just need to get the latest version from him.

2 Likes

The crt shader i’ve been forking on with dr. Venom got finished i guess. Afterglow was added, average luminance is calculated fast and pretty now (cheers @hunterk :+1:).

I was a bit tempted to use a lanczos filter for the shader since it looks nice with cgwg’s phosphor mask , but OTOH gaussian looks better with heavy lottes ones at low sharpness. Instead i added an option called “Substractive sharpness” which makes pixel edges more crisp (similar to cubic/lanczos) and it’s optional so don’t forget to tweak the shader.

I posted the shader here: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1295915&postcount=184

Thanks for the nice feedback/suggestions and happy crt-ing. :video_game::grinning:

6 Likes

@guest.r Awesome work. Would it be possible to also release a slang version?

Some screenshots from CRT Aperture,best CRT Shader for me

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ll get it slanged up pretty soon.

@TayTayo nice, one of my favorites, too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@guest.r @hunterk

Is this supposed to happen? Using the latest version of the shader. Happens with every game i’ve tried whenever there is movement on the screen.

Hmm, looks like the raster bloom is going a little bonkers.

Needs more mask and integer scale IMO, but that’s a nice shader. I think it really needs 4k to shine, though.

Without the mask, shaders always look too smooth and not right at all to me. Without integer scaling you get scaling artifacts and odd looking scanlines, although some shaders are better at handling non-integer scales than others (scanline.glsl and CRT-Easymode are the best for non-integer scales)

I set Blooming to 0.0 as default, this makes it also usable with integer scaling (makes bonkering go away). Strangely i tested it on an AMD and nVidia system and it went fine. You can re-download the shaders at same link as before. If anyone else experiences the same issue then i’ll have to think it out.

2 Likes

That fixed it, thank you!

I was wondering if we could get some moire mitigation added to your new crt shader?

I think Hunter has some code on his blog for what I’m talking about…

@TayTayo is that the default settings for crt-aperture?

no is not defaut settings,here is my setting :wink:

1 Like

I’m going to try those settings out in a bit. Currently I’m kinda partial to zfast_crt+dotmask, and I’ve also be using crt-guest-dr-venom alot the past few days, separate of course.

@hunterk Thank you for the slang version. This shader is great!

I might have gone a bit overboard with screenshots.

7 Likes

@Arviel Excellent screenshots! I’m assuming all those captures are showcasing the new shader by @guest.r?

I would be really grateful if you could post your presets for 2D and 3D content.

1 Like

Is it just me or is the @guest.r CRT shader more taxing then crt-royale?

I only noticed when messing with PSX games at 4x internal res though… :sweat_smile:

Wow, crt-guest-dr-venom is amazing ! Thanks for sharing !

@shenglong Yup, using the slang version of the shader. All the settings are the default, with the exception of the handheld shader where i removed the curve. Also using integer scaling for all cores.

2 Likes

Do you alter the custom resolution video settings per core for (proper?) interger scaling factors (1x,2x,3x,etc.)?

I simply use interger scaling with whatever resolution is provided by the cores, which for my resolution (1600p), it will be either 6x or 7x scaling depending if it is 224p or 240p content.

1 Like