Please show off what crt shaders can do!

@crtseker

You can download these presets from the link below. I used 6x integer scale to take those screenshots so a 2K monitor (1440P) is recommended to achieve the same results.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13kLa1G4a091GDOjIAjPOr-aWKlL5RUaF/view?usp=sharing

I still don’t know how to post settings in proper format. (Simply quoting the settings would end up like a mess to me because all the line breaks are gone)

1 Like

Have you tried the preformatted text function?

You can use it by highlighting all the text you want to format and clicking the button between the quote and image upload buttons.

1 Like

Not even you gotta use those 3 symbols on the keyboard, my phone doesn’t have it for some reason but it looks like this:

‘’’

The slanted ones though. So an example of posting a shader setting would look like this:

‘’’

XXXXXXXX

‘’’

The x’s represent the shader settings. Those 3 symbols have to be placed before and after your shader settings so one on the top, hit enter, post settings, hit enter then put them under your settings then it should look how mines look a few posts up.

If you’re on Android it’s there, just takes a min to find.

If you’re using google keyboard, go to the number pad part of the keyboard, then click on the “= \ <” button and its up in the top left.

So tldr; on Google keyboard click the ?123 button, then click the “= \ <” button, and it’s in the upper left.

Thank You @crtJoe for providing those shaders. I really like the pvm one.

2 Likes

Did a little update to my CRT-Geom ReShade port to fix a bug in Halation!

BEFORE (Check the RED circles) :

AFTER :

Also, two more ReShade ports I never posted here before.

1 Like

I like applying substantially different settings depending on target resolution and optional auxiliary enhancements. Lower native output resolution needs thicker lines and more distinct mask, and vice versa. Don’t care so much for scanlines but rather for slot mask to provide that satisfying grainy look and polish any imperfections due to original art limitations.

To think I’ve made a total 180 in my relationship between CRT look vs. Pixel shader. The latter tends to make text and transparency effects uglier and tarnish the looks intended by the artist. I’ve only recently found about Retroarch and Reshade and they’ve been a real game changer. But you know what they say, only the wisest and dumbest men never change their mind.

The subtle glow or halation really makes a striking picture but people should learn to use it a bit more sparingly (myself included). Here’s some screenshots from Super Robot Wars from ps2/gba era I’ve went through in my recent extra spare time thanks to covid.

bonus: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13TSHnFKUzCg6ugREirw1S2pBi0VFPcgD/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Racmp3kjAkm2-NfdbvBL7xxZkATLXKrG/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

The second one reminds me my old Commodore 1084-SP, with small shield-like shape pixels. Absolutely loved that monitor.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try preformatted text next time :smiley:

The effect comes from the aperture grille mask with moderate color deconvergence and a large triad size. :grin:

4 Likes

@crtJoe Wow its cool!!! Can you share the preset? Thanks!

Just scroll up a few posts and find my reply to crtseeker and you’ll find the preset. :smiley:

For comparison, here’s a pic of a real Trinitron set. https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63197&start=30

4 Likes

Prepare for arcade stick spam! XD jkjk

For real though, I’ll be posting a couple pics of all the parts I’ve collected now, sometime next week.

I still need to get a few more japanese levers (sticks), though I do have a few now, still team korean lever all the way tbh.

4 Likes

Working on something!

Soon™

8 Likes

Not advertising. Just found man who record gameplay on PVM. Now I use it for color / effect matching in games that use shaders. Example of Super Donkey Kong 3 - Super Famicom

1 Like

any settings? and version of Guest.r?

I don’t have the PC now, it’s mask 7, with mask intensity raised a bit and scanlines beam 6 and 12, scanlines dark 1,6 or so and bright 0,95 iirc

CRT-Guest-Advanced for ReShade :

7 Likes

1 Like

Took me a bit but I got RetroArch running on my iPad Pro. It looks great even with no gpu. Here is venom_sm on some DoomII in dosbox.

3 Likes