Please show off what crt shaders can do!

The presets don’t work because they use an old file not present in the zip file of the new guest shader. (deconvergence-ntsc.slang doesn’t exist.)

Did you intend to use old shaders, or is it an oversight?

Hmm. As a precaution I went and redownload the new guest shader zip folder, extracted it, placed all the files where they needed to be then went and copied the first preset and tried it out and it worked. Are you placing the preset right in the root of your shaders folder? I believe that’s the only location it’ll load up from

2 Likes

No, I have it in its own folder and I adapted the paths in your preset. deconvergence-ntsc.slang is not a file that exists in guest’s zip file. It only exists in the normal libretro shaders.

Edit: I’m an idiot. Disregard :stuck_out_tongue: I used the wrong folder…

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve shared some screenshots here. Take a look at how far my presets have come!

Finally!!! I’ve completed my latest overhaul!

CyberLab__Composite-Sharp__PVM-Edition__ADV with MDAPT Mode set to Off (0) or CyberLab_Arcade-Sharp__PVM-Edition should look great with PS1, Dreamcast/Naomi/Atomiswave and other 32-bit or higher systems!

And of course NES looks best with my CyberLab__Composite__Pure__PVM-EDITION__ADV preset!

Click the link below to download:

CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack 07-02-22

Be sure to view these zoomed in, full screen or original size for them to look as they should!

For the best viewing experience of these screenshots I suggest you right click on the image then click, “Open link in new tab”, “Open link in new window” or “Open image in new tab”.

Then click on the new window or tab and press the F11 key for a fullscreen view.

7 Likes

Made a small tweak to my “8/16 bit” shader preset from my last post so if anyone’s using it please update it

1 Like

The 2 masks discussed here and here

using crt-consumer.glsl experimental with Guest.r scanlines code (tweaked to work well with 3 pixels vertically 1st mask). Well not bad i say. :wink: I am towards keeping that scanline code, because it works better at bright areas compared with the version at github.

5 Likes

I love any shader using Slot Mask

2 Likes

This demonstrates why you need a higher resolution (4K) for this to look good.

Hey mate, you made the “3x-scanlines1-1280x720” overlay in the “nesguy_scanlines” folder , right?

it’s seem to only work well with 240p , if it’s not too much trouble , could you make 2 more exactly like it? one for GBA 160p and one for the DS 192p ?

much obliged.

Sure but let’s say some guy has a spare 1080p to use in a cabinet, why not give them something at least nice. There are uses for that monitors, same for old PCs too.

3 Likes

I been using that crt-consumer shader simply for the slot mask. I have a few requests if it’s possible. Can you add in white point from the grade shader along with the curvature, corner size, the static noise and bloom from guest’s shader? For some reason the curvature that’s already included doesn’t curve quite right, the top part of the screen curves but then the bottom of the screen hardly moves lol. I wish I was home to show an example pic of what I mean

The above shots use this experimental version

https://mega.nz/file/zv5h0A6K#FjEuB48tb6ZkEG2jV_ztMwB2lgnEZUWP_uqYvIQy2QI

For white point you can simply use grade as 1st pass, curvature X and Y and corner are included in this version. Still experimenting with this, so the version on GitHub is not final.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try it out when I get home later. The reason I asked for grade to be included is because whenever I do try to load it up as a first pass I get a failed to load notification. I assume it’s cause I’m doing it on a Android (Shield TV) and not a pc. Some glsl shaders simply won’t load up on Android using OpenGL ES for some reason, been that way since forever

1 Like

True, Grade fails to load on my Sony XZ1 too. Just tested.

1 Like

Now that I think of it, even if you did include it would it even load?

It gives me a ton of errors on Android, on const mat3x3 (which are used in white point). But there is Guest.r color balance that should work without problems.

Replace testing.glsl of above link with this that has Guest.r-Dr.Venom color temperature. (download both, shader glsp loads from shaders folder, not crt)

https://mega.nz/file/2jRWxZQJ#yUTv1F3xqkHBpzRGQW15jH16z4kgijuA_gtwE5N-diQ

1 Like

I think i know what you mean, i have the same problem on all Android shaders (except crt-geom i think) that have curvature, a part of the screen won’t curve.

ok so the solution is in hunterk’s fakelottes. Tested and works with Android

#if defined GL_ES
    // hacky clamp fix for GLES

vec2 bordertest = (pos);
    if ( bordertest.x > 0.0001 && bordertest.x < 0.9999 && bordertest.y > 0.0001 && bordertest.y < 0.9999)
        res = res;
    else
        res = vec4(0.,0.,0.,0.);
#endif

replacing pos with whatever name is the Warp function in

1 Like

Ok so I got time to test out this shader, the curvature is fixed and everything looks ok except the temperature parameter, when it’s on default it looks normal like this:

Retro-Arch-20220211-175948

Soon as I change the number it looks like this:

Retro-Arch-20220211-180014

Notice Chun Li’s outfit turns black along with the background of all the character portraits etc.

1 Like

It’s clipping or something, colors are going out of spec is the main problem. Can’t fix it personally.

Possibly needs a clamp? @hunterk

2 Likes

It won’t trigger anything like that on my end, Windows 10 - RA version 1.9.14

(usually i test it a little bit before posting)

1 Like