Please show off what crt shaders can do!

Now you’re being disrespectful and a bit inappropriate. As @Duimon tried to hint to you in an earlier post take it down a notch or two or three.

My game “FULLSCREEN” Or AR: 16/9 (AR 4:3 = Native AR PSX → 99% games on psx → AR 16:9 = … ) wich is pretty much fullscreen aswell on an widescreen monitor produce pretty much nice round finishing touch arround the edges too i’d say :point_up: :smiley: :ok_hand:.

Don’t you think ?

Have you taken an look at that gorgeous pictar i have posted from my best shader-crater setting eva in men existence :face_with_raised_eyebrow: ?

You absolute sure about that ? Are you not refering to shader settings ? Cuz, anything higher than ps natives 1x res in beetle cause massive pixels !!

Also, you have showed me an picture from a FRESH new game alundra (right from the START!)… What i mean is, at that point right there you don’t see it yet… BUT BE AWARE … BE VERY AWARE :flushed: … That is if you tend to playthrough the game :laughing:

Cuz you see, this game has graphical issues in beetleHW fyi…

Like not just glitches that pop up every hour or so and dissappear…

NO, INGAME you frequently get an thick vertical black line glitch to see next your character while battling foe’s :sweat_smile: … And no it’s NOT, i repeat … IT’s NOT your side kick magical wand you get to see :joy:

This black line ↓ :thinking: … but in the picture it doesn’t look near as bad as when you play it at 60fps !!! Because whats even wurse, is that the glitch fades in and out / flashes continuously !!! Very annoying while battle some thing or some one :crazy_face:

And NO, no Fix currently … Only beetleSW …

Hence, iam on beetleSW, cuz iam luv to play the game through without distractions :innocent:

True … but also … Luck Favors The Bold And The Beautifull :dancer:

Cheers, TD

…wel damn… when i try out my own shader preset on beetleHW, the gpu glitch doesn"t appear… Yet, same core revision, disabled my shader , same renderer, same overal settings… Using the same charachters equipment ingam… the glitch just doesn"t appear anymore :flushed: ??

Rare GPU glitch / Bug, in beetleHW ?!? Duck doesn’t know for certain … :astonished:

Well the GOOD part about this ↑, iam back to my good OL beetleHW → Juiced :laughing: :ok_hand: Graphics in BeetleHW looks an TAD MORE better than in BeetleSW… i’d (duck) say…

CyberLab_SNES_Composite_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC.slangp

Right click on the image, click Open in New Tab then press F11 for Fullscreen for 4K users. Zoom in until it looks right for 1440p or 1080p users.

Merry Christmas!!

1 Like

Hi. Could someone please explain to me how the crt-maximus-royale.slangp shader preset works? When I load it up, this is the result.

It happens on every core and I’m using the vulkan driver. Thanks!

1 Like

Right click on the image, click Open in New Tab then press F11 for Fullscreen for 4K users. Zoom in until it looks right for 1440p or 1080p users.

CyberLab_NES_S-Video_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC.slangp

CyberLab_NES_Composite_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC.slangp

CyberLab_Turbo_Duo_S-Video_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC.slangp

Some of these NTSC effects can’t be captured properly using regular screenshots so what you see here is not necessarily what you will encounter while playing.

CyberLab_Genesis_Composite_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC.slangp

CyberLab_Genesis_S-Video_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC.slangp

CyberLab_PSX_Composite_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC.slangp

CyberLab_PSX_Composite_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC.slangp (Le’Sarsh)

CyberLab_PSX_S-Video_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_NTSC.slangp

These presets feature the awesome HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader provided by @HyperspaceMadness and powered by the amazingly versatile CRT-Guest-Advance-NTSC by @guest.r!

Here’s hoping to a bright 2023 filled with even more beautiful shaders and shader presets!

2022 has been an amazing and wonderful year despite its challenges! Let’s see what 2023 has in store for us.

3 Likes

In celebration of Dark Forces finally getting reverse engineered thanks to TheForceEngine, here it is with @guest.r 2d upscale + CRT New-Pixie for reshade

2 Likes

I have always used sgenpt-mix shader to do the dithering combined with others to create the CRT effect on android (lightweight).

Lately I wanted to recreate a low end 80s TV with a bad case of glow and went for the “crt-consumer” shader. However I get these odd vertical lines in that are very annoying (i thought it was an effect to mimic a bad crt lol) one in the waterfall and one in the checkered board on the left (see where the 3 starts)

It shows on my android tablet as well as on my PC. Can anybody point me in the right direction as to how to remove these?

2 Likes

That’s a precision issue on slang and it’s been corrected.

2 Likes

Comparison of an old magazine screenshot and gdv-mini mask 10. Which is supposed to do just that, mimic an old 1084S monitor :wink:

7 Likes

Mask 10 leads to notable tinting on my monitor (1200p) any way to adress this? Also, what’s mask 9, is that another mod from you? It’s hard to extract this from your shader thread, because of the three different shaders and all your inventions , lol.

Increase maskdark to 0.60 or 0.70. Mcut defines darkness of separation pixels. Mask 9 is mask 2 (BGR) with slot mask on top of that. While mask 10 is a mod of mask 0 with 1 pixel added for separation so it results in lower tvl (360 on a 1080p monitor).

2 Likes

Aha, I just checked the glsl version. On Slang, mask 9 only results in this:

Screenshot-(314)

I have updated my Reshade preset. The debanding noise is no longer default, I’ve opted for Gaussian blur instead. The CA is blue/yellow now, and a few other changes.

Here’s a video preview: https://youtu.be/kGK-6U8aUfY

Download links:

Mirror: https://github.com/frankschoeman/kyubus-shader

7 Likes

Yes a typo prevented it to work, i fixed it and opened a PR.

5 Likes

I have been spending some time increasing my DOS library using the DOSBox-Pure core.

I also just purchased a new Thrustmaster T.16000M joystick and have been using it to play one of my all time favorite DOS games.

Here is a shot of the game (Magic Carpet Plus) using one of my new Mega Bezel multiple reference presets.

Using built-in tools I have changed the base preset to Guest ADV NTSC, applied a graphics override to change the look of the bezel (And scale of the screen), and converted one of @ProfessorBraun’s recently posted presets to an internal shader override.

I don’t think the game has ever looked better. :grin:

6 Likes

Thank you! I have configured retroarch to use one global shader combination, you know, one shader to rule them all (consoles), instead of saving one for each. Kinda like back in the 90s, we only had one CRT to plug all consoles, so they all had the same look.

3 Likes

Hi Baelog, I really like what you have made and what I see, please can I ask if you can share your preset? Thank you with all my heart.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that because there are substantial differences in the way that different consoles output their video signals.

Having one shader to rule them all would only account for the TV input and output side of things, while completely ignoring the differences in characteristics among the various consoles outputs which shaders also seek to emulate.

Well, I’m sure some folks did have fancy tvs with more inputs, but we had one tv with an rf adapter to the antena of the tv. All consoles from the NES to the N64 looked fine with that input alone. I know there are different cables and each console had more outputs, but back then we also had adapters to use the composite, s-video or RGB signals interchangeably. That is what I am trying to replicate with this one shader:

Ps: not sure how to upload a .slangp file :sweat_smile:

EDIT: These settings should work for all consoles up to the 5th gen (pre 2000 era); plus it is lightweight on resources. Save it to a .slangp file and it should load in retroarch. For android devices is a bit more tricky to set it up :upside_down_face:

shaders = "10"
shader0 = "shaders_slang/blurs/shaders/sharpsmoother.slang"
filter_linear0 = "false"
wrap_mode0 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input0 = "false"
alias0 = "LinearGamma"
float_framebuffer0 = "false"
srgb_framebuffer0 = "false"
shader1 = "shaders_slang/dithering/shaders/sgenpt-mix/linearize.slang"
filter_linear1 = "false"
wrap_mode1 = "clamp_to_border"
mipmap_input1 = "false"