Please show off what crt shaders can do!

Don’t worry, once you start working on it, it will get better. If you check on my thread, my first snapshots look a bit off and blurry. Now they look more clean. But I’m always learning :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Some more experiments with MASKS ONLY…:sweat_smile:

It would be nice to take clipping off, using Masks only :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Right click open link in new tab and click on image to full screen.

5 Likes

Monkey Island EGA

7 Likes

6 Likes

KOF98UM on PCSX2 with CRT-Guest-NTSC ReShade!

11 Likes

4 Likes

I love this new setting for 4K. What do you think?

4 Likes

Screenshots look great but you know there are always tradeoffs so in that regard it seems a bit bloomy but it’s not something that anyone will notice unless right up to the screen and looking for it.

I would assume that the preset would look and work great from near to medium distances but the trick is for it to also remain sharp at further distances for the folks with larger screens who sit further away.

That’s something that would have to be tested on a fullscreen setup, not necessarily on a lower resolution phone screen like the one I’m using now.

I like the brightness, saturation and smoothness of the edges though!

2 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Lets’ talk about this, seriously, LCDs should have Retroarch shader system builtin!

Source: 720:406

11 Likes

Hi @kokoko3k, you are using your shader right? Beautiful

5 Likes

That would be amazing lol. Shaders literally make everything you throw at it look sexy.

5 Likes

Wow @oldpainless! These look amazing! So sharp, yet not jaggy! Screenshots on a mobile phone felt really CRT-Like and it seems like you have a unique approach and style of doing things.

Really refreshing to see these!

What playback software are you using to do this?

2 Likes

“Native” on linux, it’s xt7-player-mpv (I made it :slight_smile: ).

Retroarch plays video via ffmpeg without troubles.

2 Likes

Interesting. Looks really polished!

Some, maybe a few videos, mainly old formats and containers but nothing universal like MPC-HC/LAV Filters.

You must be one of the fortunate ones. Many times videos crash for me or just don’t play at all. Then there’s the lack of a proper video playback interface.

Let’s just say there’s a lot of room for improvement.

1 Like

I agree for the interface, very basic and no filters, but we have shaders, so :slight_smile: As per the formats, it should support everything ffmpeg supports, so basically anything, but retroarch doesn’t drive it fully, so you cannot select subtitles, chapters, switch languages and so on.

Stable for me (now)…

1 Like

Thank you Cyber, your comments are appreciated.

2 Likes

The new ‘ntsc-feather’ combined with gdv-mini GLSL. Changes still on PR (NTSC colors option and more)

5 Likes