Please show off what crt shaders can do!

You can have both, just try to balance it a bit. Increasing Saturation can have a similar effect of darkening colours like when Gamma is darkened. So both have a role to play in achieving richness and vibrance of colours.

Gamma might be a bit more tricky to get absolutely right because it can look better in many instances even if it makes some games look too dark.

However once you get Gamma dialed in, you can try to refine your Saturation adjustments. So I wasn’t suggesting that you go overboard and lose the special vibrance that higher Saturation levels can induce, just suggesting that you take a second look after adjusting Gamma because they both affect similar things but in slightly different ways and because the orange in the power bars as well as Ken’s Gi seemed to be a little too outstanding and detail can be lost due to clipping.

1 Like

4 Likes

6 Likes

@RetroGames4K I can immediately see the difference in these screenshots! Great job!

E. Honda looks leaner and the power bars look a bit more red vs how orange they looked before.

I also like the extra detail visible in King of Fighters '98!

4 Likes

Thank you, I realised later that it was off, so I decided to wait longer before posting anything yet. That happens when I try to rush, and my eyes haven’t had a rest, so I see the mistakes after a rest :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Some recent screenshots from my Sony Megatron Colour Video Monitor Preset Pack.

Best viewed on a 4K Display HDR600 or better display.

For LG OLED TV users, the “HDR Game” Picture Mode should give best results.

CyberLab Megatron Death To Pixels 4K HDR Shader Preset Pack Screenshots - 02-2024

3 Likes

Welcome to the dark side :slight_smile:

6 Likes

9 Likes

It looks very nice but maybe a little too much glow/halation?

1 Like

Yes, I realised it is, I’ll try to fix it. I don’t know what happened😅

2 Likes

Now check again, what happened I loaded the wrong settings.:sweat_smile: I just changed the images with the last settings.

1 Like

Tuned Monitor-Screen_Hmask-Screen_SlotMask.slangp

This is a bit colder than the one in the repo, rest is 1:1

10 Likes

11 Likes

Tekken 8 with CRT-Guest-HD ReShade -

CRT-Guest-HD + VHS -

RAW -

11 Likes

4 Likes

what-donkey-kong

2 Likes

First time i heard C64 rapping with sampled voices, good times :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I balanced the brightness lowering mask gamma, and raising other options that I never used before, like brightness under saturation option. I used to bright the mask gamma to raise brightness, but I think always there was something missing. These are the latest settings for 1080p. I want to thank @guest.r and @Cyber for the tips and help.

6 Likes

No problem man, you’re most welcome. I am glad you can receive an honest comment without taking offence. These things can be very sensitive at times.

2 Likes

Tryin out a random mame emulator for gameboy:

:smile:

8 Likes