Please show off what crt shaders can do!

Putting that Shadow Mask to work I see :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes! It looks great on my OLED screen.

1 Like

I think this is the first time I see a 4K OLED shot of one of my presets so I’m analyzing it like crazy lol, since I pretty much make these presets on a LCD screen. Looks good.

@sonkun

RetroArch + BlastEm (Genesis) Combination.

Its mind-blowing the difference to how used to play on Genecyst or Kgen98 around 2000 or 2001. All of these people are absolute geniuses.

CRT-guest-NTSC-Advanced + overlay

1 Like

At least back in 2000 we still had CRT VGA monitors

1 Like

Wow now that’s a name I haven’t seen in years. It was that and zsnes for me in the early 2000’s, I couldn’t even imagine something like RetroArch back then. It’s amazing to now have pretty much every mainstream console from the Atari up to the 6th generation of consoles under one umbrella, I think the last one missing as a core here is the original X-Box, any other systems on here beyond that generation is a bonus to me. Truly amazing how much progress has been made from then to now.

2 Likes

You can put that same overlay in this and use that same CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC preset and get real-time reflections added to the mix!

1 Like

is this optimized for 1080p or lower resolutions?

i have this particular case where just have a 20" 1600x900 monitor

1 Like

I want the backstory to this overlay. This is the most creepypasta overlay I’ve ever seen, it has to have some cursed story attached to it.

2 Likes

In all of my preset packs, the readme.txt files guide users of different resolution displays on what parameters they should target to get the TVL of the emulated CRT to match what they desire.

When you design a preset on a display of one resolution and you run it on a display of another resolution the effective TVL changes. The result isn’t set in stone however, you can just use whatever TVL settings or Mask Type settings there are in whatever shader you’re using to get the preset to look similarly to what it might have looked like on the display it was designed on or whatever your preference might be.

It’s surprising that this isn’t common knowledge after all this time. Let’s all work together to change that!

There was at least one instance where a YouTuber did a comparison video of my presets to others but didn’t read or understand the readme and never adjusted the preset to suit his display. Obviously, the preset did not look as intended. I saw the video and brought this to their attention but I have yet to see evidence that they tried to right their wrong.

Also, remember that while CyberLab Golden Bezel includes presets, users are encouraged to use any CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC that they already have or like.

All instructions on how to integrate such are included in the readme.txt fIle. So go for it! Let us see the results!

Is this a photo of the TV screen or a GPU screenshot?

Thank you for your kind answer and suggestion above, buddy.

Its not like I’m not interested in your project. I’ve seen a bit of it, since years ago.

I’m just very limited with this 15 years old computer. Many of these presets are optimized for either 1080p, 2k or 4K.

Some of them even make this CPU/GPU struggle with just even 1080p ones.

I’ll take a look into yours.

I always really enjoy these TVs overlays + reflections looks.

1 Like

See here:

I don’t have, just one project.

I just tried to explain to you how to adjust the presets to suit different display resolutions - which is something that end users should have been doing all along.

Also, you can use any preset for the recent CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC shader including your own existing presets.

You can use any preset for the recent CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC shader including your own existing presets.

It is a GPU screenshot.

1 Like

actually, for me in 2026, pinacle of RetroArch experience is actually those really cool old TV overlays + reflections. Will give them a try.

Thank you for making such a cool content.

Is this golden TV overlay, an extra project aside of your main one ? (the first post in your thread that I remember, had many presets available)

Could I have a little suggestion for your preset ? Even though, not sure if other people may use it similarly.

I’m seeing the package, and it would be so much easier to handle those preset/shaders, if they were included in package, to be used as for example:

RetroArch/Shaders/shaders_slang/Cyber_Package

So much easier to handle, and doesnt mess with default shader/presets.

2 Likes

Right, so one cannot deduce how anything looks on a particular screen or display by a GPU screenshot. If you took a photo of the screen then we would see how the presets look on that type of screen.

1 Like

Here is one taken with my phone!

It’s sokun’s 4k RGB shadowmask preset.

3 Likes

It’s something I might consider in the future but for now it would slow down development as I’d have to edit the paths before I ship any update or move my shader folder. Users are free to alter the paths using a multifile editor like Notepad++.

As it is now, the Golden Bezel Project easily accomadates your existing CRT-Guest-Advanced-NTSC presets.

1 Like

Guest uses the same system to sort any of his newer Updates.

I simply put his folder in a custom sub-folder, and its ready to use. It doesnt mess with previous update folders, or mess any previous build that may have different shader settings, in case of being updated.

Its perfect

1 Like