Please show off what crt shaders can do!

Right click on the image, click Open in New Tab then press F11 for Fullscreen for 4K users. Zoom in until it looks right for 1440p or 1080p users.

CyberLab__PSX_Composite__ADV.slangp with Mask size changed to 1.

3 Likes

(crt-guest-advanced-fastest)

10 Likes

Right click on the image, click Open in New Tab then press F11 for Fullscreen for 4K users. Zoom in until it looks right for 1440p or 1080p users.

CyberLab Le’Sarsh Composite Presets

CyberLab_Genesis_Composite_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_for_CyberLab_Blargg_Video_Filter.slangp + Blargg_NTSC_Genesis_Composite_CyberLab_Special_Edition.filt

CyberLab_SNES_Composite_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_for_BSNES_Blur_Emulation.slangp

CyberLab Le’Sarsh Presets:

CyberLab__Ultimate_Virtual_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_CRT-NP2RTA__ADV.slangp

CyberLab Le’Sarsh S-Video Presets:

CyberLab_Turbo_Duo_S-Video_Slot_Mask_IV_OLED_for_CyberLab_Blargg_Video_Filter.slangp + Blargg_NTSC_Turbo_Duo_SNES_PSX_S-Video_CyberLab_Special_Edition.filt

Just wanted to say thanks to @guest.r, @HyperspaceMadness, @Dogway, @aliaspider, @Hyllian and all other shader developers who contributed to HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader and made this all possible.

4 Likes

Very happy with this settings:

5 Likes

Generic Megatron presets - RGB and NTSC, ~500 TVL. I’ve been using some photos at RetroRGB for reference.

5 Likes

https://mega.nz/file/VLETjKjS#EWWdYAuqWSok09yh7M0PLESVaA41MEuk4WRjfTHyNlg

This is the only screenshot for now. I need to get some sleep while I still can.

EDIT: More screenshots. Also I will use this opportunity to admit that “Piece” was configured in no small degree around Alisia Deena Rain’s thighs.

Unfortunately I’m noticing some inconsistencies in the new “Piece” presets I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself for… if not for the fact that I worked on them late between work days. The NTSC presets lack my afterglow settings it’s disgraceful.

6 Likes

Sometimes I get tired of all the endless tweaking and then I just use Guest-advanced and guest-ntsc sans masks.

7 Likes

Just showing off what CRT shaders can do!

Here’s a look at some of my NES Shader Presets (not Shaders)

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s actually kind of difficult to make out masks without BFI, anyway.

1 Like

Hey my fellow scanline fanatics. So I’ve been running experiments with shaders again, this time to get things working with RetroArch and the XBox Series X (which combined with a C1 65" oled is like the definitive combo, I hardly can’t believe old games can be made to look so good on such a large display).

My bread and butter easymode halation presets look amazing of course, and so do guest and hyllian (congrats you two for all the new developments :slight_smile: by the way).

But it so happens that vertical games are still a bit of a challenge if you don’t do tate, and the need to find a good vertical preset drove this quest. I feel I was successful, and it turns out that the preset I made for those pesky vertical games is fantastic for horizontal stuff as well. It’s a little bit convoluted, using the masks from the img mod shader and hyllian 3D. It has to be hyllian 3D because of its very convenient ability to set the X/Y res, since in order to make it work I had to add a stock pass at increased resolutions (x3, x5, even x7, depending on the game, output resolution and performance target).

First shot is an example of said preset, running at 1440p with mask number 5, coming from my laptop and not the Xbox. Notice all those lovely, bloomy, egg-shaped phosphors! Second is hi-res easymode halation with a shadow mask.

Colour corrections are the usual (green channel cooldown, desat, etc).

Like always, remember to open them in a new tab to get a properly scaled image.

7 Likes

The similarities are uncanny!

2 Likes

Nice! The Mario shot really proves that games developed for composite/RF should be played on composite/RF.

3 Likes

“Consumer” + composite direct FBx palette:

“NTSC” + composite direct FBx palette:

“RGB” + CXA2025AS palette:

8 Likes

Ok, I have a problem with composite Genesis, everything I try just doesn’t convince me, in terms of saturation, definition, brigthness, and no matters how much I tinker with it.

So, here’s the poor man’s solution: guest’s advanced HD, internal resolution set to 1,40. Does it blend? Kind of. But everything else is satisfying.

5 Likes

Some new presets I’ve been cooking up in the CyberLab.

1 Like

Helluh,

The following screenshot is from an custom made multipass shader preset compiled from different *.slang shaders .

The shader i wos fond of, is called “4xbr-hybrid-crt” … But i had to tweak that shader furhter because of scanline problems not evenly spreaded in fullscreen !!

So i figured out i needed additional Scale shaders to work in combination with the 4xbr-hybrid-crt shader to fix that issues.

And the shader looks very good in 2d & 3d psx games aswell :smiley: :ok_hand:
This is my final result (fullscreen hotshot :star_struck:) ↓

Only, the shader preset looks very coyote ugly and PIXELATED when using internal resolution 2x and up !!

:sob:

Could some one recommend an shader producing similar results that works with upscaled internal resolutions mayhap :crossed_fingers: :pleading_face:?

I await your answer…

Cheers, Td

1 Like

I’m almost certain that HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader can do all of that and much more.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Dis duck sure will have an look :eyes: :ok_hand:

Edit: Currently trying out pre-configured shaders, and i don’t like the bezels arround my game screen !! Not 1 bit :pleading_face:

much obliged,

TD

1 Like

Hey, i have tried out some of the pre-configured presets, and i dont like the bezels…!! Is there an easy way to turn of bezels in RA with an flip of an switch ?

Update : i have browsed through a few “mega bezel” presets , but didn’t find anything remotely close to the preset shader i have put together :neutral_face: ! Litle contrast (dull image), not sharp… etc… and the bezels arround it i don’t like for one bit !!

I’ll stick to my presets atm…

thanks anyway…

cheers,

Best way on that would probably use the 'NO REFLECT" versions, and then go into shader parameters and set the opacity on both “BEZEL GENERAL” and “FRAME GENERAL” sections to 0