Please show off what crt shaders can do!

Tap on image then zoom in for best viewing. Desktop users, right click then Open in New Tab, then press F11 for FullScreen. Non 4K users, zoom in until it looks correct.

4 Likes

6 Likes

crt-guest, Mask 7 vs. Mask 8, both with Mask Zoom: 1 (it seems they’re the only masks that aren’t in some way disaligned by the zoom). Which do you prefer?

Mask 7:

Mask 8:

1 Like

Dunno, works fine here. Maybe you should try mask 12 and negative zoom.

3 Likes

Stones look like they have some depth.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Hello guys, I’m new here and have a silly question. I hope it’s ok to ask here. I recently bought the rg353ps from anbernic. I know the resolution (640x480) is too low for any scanlines or mask but I was really bored and found something interesting. If I use the pi-vertical shader and turn down the scanlines completely. I get something like this and imo it looks great (it produce some nice scanlines? and blend the pixel nicely):sweat_smile: The only problem is I get some pink/green lines on edges. On white it is more noticeable. Is there something I can do about it?

3 Likes

Here is another example

1 Like

Try “ossc”, it’s on “scanlines” folder. Then pick LINES = 2.0 in options, see if it’s any better. What you do now is using magenta-green mask as scanlines

I looked in the scanline folder but there is nothing on my unit. I tried to download them from github but sadly they won’t work.

Are you using pure Ubuntu with Retroarch apt or snap package or something else?

Building packages and modules on your device · christianhaitian/arkos Wiki · GitHub

I’m using arkos on my rg353ps. It’s ubuntu based

tested on an old 800x480 cellphone i have, these shaders work nicely

GLSL tested

in folder "crt"

crt-1tap
crt-nes-mini
crt-potato
zfast-composite

in folder "scanlines"

ossc  (lines = 2.0)
res-independent-scanlines  (automatic scale =1.0)
scanline

in folder "interpolation"

sharp-bilinear-scanlines
4 Likes

I have two 640x480 TVs (and a 540p phone, but I haven’t used it for emulation for a long time). Usually I use TV-Out Interlacing preset or something from the scanlines folder. On your 3,5" screen, I guess masks can look ok, real-life tiny crts also have really low TVL ratings. Minimum mask on 480p = 240 TVL.

On a 20" inch TV, this makes everything look too rough (actual CRT TVs have usually like ~360 TVL at that size), so I stick to scanlines only.

2 Likes

I dowloaded the missing scanline shaders again this morning and now they seem to work. Really like how it looks on this small screen

2 Likes

4 Likes

presets-ng/WIP/pgrid4-Screenlevel_HMask-CoreLevel_SlotMask-Take2.slangp

presets-ng/WIP/pgrid4-Screenlevel_HMask-CoreLevel_SlotMask-Take3.slangp

15 Likes

Finally, Gunbird 1cc first loop! :partying_face:

8 Likes

Very very …less brightness in the first screet shoot, maybe lost a bit of details but in the crt/arcade vintage way.

You mean you would like (much) less brightness in the first one?