Please show off what crt shaders can do!

ntsc-svideo-3phase + spline16 (cubic) + zfast-crt-hdmask (coarsemask)

Default settings this time, looks nice:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Playing with mask gamma and scanlines a bit…

6 Likes

11 Likes

Looks good! Since I’m thinking about introducing an (hopefully) improvement to how the glow is handled, and this would introduce a change in how the result will react to existing parameters, would you mind to share that preset(s) so that I can do my best to make them look the same after the change?

2 Likes

tv.slangp: https://pastebin.com/KHt2qFiS

Tate Setting: #reference “tv.slangp” TATE = “2.000000” PIXELGRID_OFFSET_CORE = “0.080001” ASPECT_X = “-6.000000”

8:7 Setting: #reference “tv.slangp” PIXELGRID_OFFSET_CORE = “0.060000” DO_BG_IMAGE = “1.000000” ASPECT_X = “-3.000000”

2 Likes

CyberLab CRT Guest Advanced Presets anyone…?

7 Likes

A custom crt-royale preset:

15 Likes

Hi there Hyllian, is nice to read you again!

6 Likes

Hey, nice to see you too! I’m just getting familiar with all the recent advancements. I’m fan of your koko aio shaders, specially monitor-base and monitor-slotmask presets.

6 Likes

crt-consumer GLSL with some new tricks, color bleed etc

9 Likes

7 Likes

Cute game, “Rolo…”!

Would you ever consider working with mask and slot strength/brightness? For example, setting mask strength to 90 makes a huge brightness difference for a negligible amount of detail lost on whites.

1 Like

Do you mean like this?

1 Like

Yes. Notice how the clouds are brighter as well as the elephants ear. This helps with contrast ratio. You can play with this and I’ve found values all the way down to 40 to be nice.

1 Like

Thanks, but I like strong Masks, and I don’t mind if it’s a bit darker, but also I think it must be another way without sacrificing mask. Even though I still learning and I’ll try it with other games. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also to mention is that my CRT, whites are not extremely white, per example look these real photo taken of my CRT look Akira’s bandage and the white screen, I’m trying to replicate that…

6 Likes

You can also turn up the brightness on your screen or turn off the lights in your room or sit a little closer for no loss of detail on the whites.

The clouds and all of the surrounding light blue sky around it and including the elephants eyes look really washed out as is the CRT Mask effect which, depending on how close you are to your screen will be visible and looking like old faded, washed out jeans.

It might only be negligible from several feet away and only to the less discerning viewer.

For some the nostalgia of the screen, reflections, CRT Mask, visible unexcited phosphors, e.t.c. are just as important as the nostalgia involved in playing the old games themselves.

…And those fine details which you can clearly see at close distances actually contribute to the quality of the final image even at further distances.

That’s why Sony Megatron Color Video Monitor looks so beautiful once you can sort out the HDR issues on your PC or Phone.

You should try it out on your phone and turn up the brightness and see how “effortlessly” it makes the games look their best. That’s all due to the respect it pays to the purity of the mask and scanlines.

I agree and support you 100% here!

And so am I. To me that’s the fun part, part of the challenge of what makes this worthwhile.

Love these shots here man. We can even see examples of the latest feature Guest added into his Shader.

2 Likes

You have zoomed my photos? :sweat_smile: And do you mean the added Guest’s feature is the lit black lines you see there?

1 Like

I made zoom to the Rolo to the Rescue title, and I added the new black feature, and you can see it here. It looks really good. :grin:

IMG_20230720_180040

2 Likes