Please show off what crt shaders can do!

I rewrote a huge chunk of my new shader. Here’s a sneak peek :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looking forward to testing this out!

The images seem a lot cleaner than the last version.

1 Like

And how about scanlines that look good in integer scaling

AND non-integer scaling and even when you like it weirdly small Tiny Toon Adventures - Buster Busts Loose! (S) !-200413-210359 ? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The scanlines do seem to be nicer as well.

It’s cool that you got them looking good at integer and non-integer scales.

1 Like

I’m actually ready to share the (hopefully) final version of the shader. I just don’t know if I should update the code in the original topic, append it, or create a new topic :thinking:

1 Like

If you’re on the fence I’d append it to the original topic.

1 Like

Crisis Core FFVII :

Bloody Roar 2 :

CRT-Guest-Dr-Venom for both games.

5 Likes

Monster Hunter XX :

6 Likes

Really digging the PSP shader look, makes me reconsider using RA for PSP.

2 Likes

Those are some nice screens.

Edit: That slotmask effect is too coarse at 1080p to accurately emulate a crt slotmask, but it looks pretty nice nonetheless- probably because the resolution of the slotmask at that display resolution is close to the resolution of the PSP screen.

I think it would look even better if you extended the magenta/green bars by one pixel vertically in between the black bars. This would make the pattern 4x4 which would make the vertical resolution of the mask match the resolution of the PSP screen exactly (270 pixels tall), assuming you’re using 1920x1080. image

4 Likes

Those Gamecube bvm shots are mouth watering. You mention you have to set efb scale to 2x for them to work, is there anything special the shader is doing or could I apply this to other 3D systems as well? I’m downloading now to poke around through it, but I never know much more than I can see in paramaters - and even then it’s jus tme poking around. lol

@sonkun - The dolphin core can be a pain to setup, but it works surprisingly well. I recommend configuring stand-alone exactly how you want it, then just copying the Sys folder to .\system\dolphin-emu and the User folder to .\saves\dolphin-emu

I use it instead of stand-alone now it works so well. There’s probably little discrepencies I haven’t noticed but the few games I play work wonderfully.

1 Like

I would recommend not using PPSSPP in RA as it has some problems saving games. You can maybe use save states, but they have been unreliable in the past for me.

Looks like the file expired only a few hours ago, where you showed off Ocarina of Time. Would you be able to share your settings for that one again? It looks stellar! I’d love to play with it.

Do you by any chance have this as a code? As it doesn’t seem like Guest-Dr-Venom uses images for masks.

This can be setup in the ‘dr venom’ shader by setting the “Slot Mask Height: 2x1 or 4x1” to the higher value. It’s more a 4k or ‘interlacing’ option though.

1 Like

It doesn’t look right at my resolution 1920x1080.

Slot Mask Height: 2x1 or 4x1 - 1.00

Slot Mask Height: 2x1 or 4x1 - 2.00

SoulCalibur Broken Destiny

3 Likes

Looks like it’s working as intended to me- first second image with the larger phosphors looks nice :slight_smile:

Normally you want the slotmask pattern as tight as possible, but the larger pattern works nicely here to simulate a lower resolution.

Expanding on this idea a bit, you could also make an LCD grid with the following subpixel-agnostic pattern. You’ll get some color fringing, though. Not sure what the code for this would be. This would make the horizontal and vertical resolution exactly match that of the PSP screen (again, assuming you’re using 1920x1080).

RGBX
RGBX
RGBX
XXXX
3 Likes

Do you mean the second image?

I personally prefer the tighter mask. But I get what you mean, I will try the larger mask later at lower internal resolution and may post the results here.

Btw, If you are interested, I completely revised the default ReShade CRT shader with the CRT-Geom MAME shader @cgwg posted the link to in the Ten years of CRT shaders thread. And its way brighter than before, here are the images 1, 2, 3 (external links as I promised not to post any more standalone emulators pics). You can compare them with my previous post #1410. I Would really appreciate your feedback.

1 Like

I can upload it again after work. I quit in about 8 hours. The one for gamecube is different. Dolphin doesnt run that good in retroarch sadly :frowning:

1 Like

Some more Guest-Dr-Venom pics!

Naruto Shippuden Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 :

Power Stone 2 :

Project Justice :

1 Like