Please show off what crt shaders can do!

Some mGBA screens using my Guest-Dr-Venom ReShade port!

3 Likes

I like this preset, never played around with mask type 3 but you made it look nice, gonna play around with this one. I’m interested in how you would tweak a preset using just the slotmask.

Hello friends.

For me the geo crt deluxe with good params is the best… BUT … Please…add the jitter effect to scanlines, HUM bar effect and defocus if you want the REAL CRT like effect.

Any body Know how to add to Crtgeodeluxe? or any crt geo?

Thanks to all!

Have you tried the mame_hlsl slang shader? It has those effects (aside from scanline jitter).

2 Likes

I’m interested in seeing your preset of geo deluxe as well with the jitter effects and everything. Always nice to see different type of shader presets here

1 Like

Thanks

Yes i know HLSL, but the mask is not good like geo CRT, the simulations of pixels of CRT screen is not good comparing to geo CRT, HLSL ave best than the other that is possible to move the screen and center some games, also the overall screen resolution percentaje is more close to CRT original that geo CRT.

HLSL not ave jitter on scanlines like mame.

I ave triend lot of shaders, the best is geo CRT deluxe with good config, but need ABSOLUTELY ALL SHADERS jitter effect, umbar effect, and defocus effect, with this, perfect emulation of CRT and…to another things…

Thanks!

Hello

Is a bit difficulty, because shaders of simualtion of CRT screens ave a lots of pixles and details very small…

If you ave another TV, or anoter configuration of colors on your TV, or another resolution on your screen…mine configuration will not look good in your monitor or TV.

CRT shaders that want to simulate an old TV, need the imperative effects of, distorion, jitter, hum bar, bloom, defocus. well more even if you want, but with your hown controls of your TV or monitor, you can do with the gamma settings, color…sharp (nothing)…etc

2D games in a CRT screen not want brightnes…want the dark…and the brightness that give the bloom effect, bright, also a bit on vignetting effect… The distortion effect make that the pixels front the side left and right of the pannel of the screen get a deformation ( they come smaller).

Can be more deep the configuration but not nessesary, also more time and more complicate to do… easy, the perfect (close to the perfect CRT simulation) and then play…that is the thing, not always that people open the emulator spend the time trying again the perfect simulation of a CRT screen)

Hope i explain me good.

Is there a video (and preferably with a description) anywhere of what the “scanline jitter” effect actually is? I see frequent references to it but never actually see it in action.

It looks like here that it just makes the scanlines wiggle back and forth a little on the X axis. Is that right?

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve only ever seen it in a Mame hlsl setup video on YouTube before.

When I wake back up I’ll look for it and link ya.

1 Like

Try “newpixie-crt.slangp”, it has the effect you want.

Yes jitter effect is like a flicker (moderate) effect in all screen that is aplicatted with the scanlines, the jitter effecte in the scanlines.

Is for example when someone record with the movile/celular a movie of a screen/monitor, and with you see the movie in yout tv or in youtube you see a flicker in the movie.

In arcade mame all effect, but in retroarch that i use nop, i no see the jitter option, also the hum bar in retroarch is different that mame.

Thanks.

But the newpixie shader not ave the jitter effect, is another and less realistic that jitter.

When i talk jitter, i talk the mame filter, that is the filter that i know from old CRT and is true.

@hunterk

This is what he’s talking about.

Videos a bit shite but go to around 10:20.

3 Likes

Here is a little movie 3mb, you see good the jitter effect in the white letters and the back in black.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=01933968632276052257 I not ave youtube channel etc. and movie is from mame not retroarch.

NOTE: you see the jitter effect if you use a monitor or a TV but the TV in PC mode, if no you not see good. (with very amount more of jitter level yes)

With retroarch crt geo/ deluxe with jitter, hum bar and defocus filters…we win.

i will upload other video with the distortion. Thanks for movie.

raster.ini for make an idea that i talk.

DIRECT3D POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS

shadow_mask_tile_mode 1 shadow_mask_alpha 0.17 shadow_mask_texture shadow-mask.png shadow_mask_x_count 3 shadow_mask_y_count 8 shadow_mask_usize 0.50 shadow_mask_vsize 0.50 shadow_mask_uoffset 0.50 shadow_mask_voffset 0.50 distortion 0.13 cubic_distortion 1.13 distort_corner 0.0 round_corner 0.14 smooth_border 0.05 reflection 0.0 vignetting 0.30 scanline_alpha 0.42 scanline_size 1.0 scanline_height 1.0 scanline_variation 1.0 scanline_bright_scale 2.0 scanline_bright_offset 0.0 scanline_jitter 0.67 hum_bar_alpha 0.04 defocus 0.90,0.90 converge_x 0.0,0.0,0.0 converge_y 0.0,0.0,0.0 radial_converge_x 0.0,0.0,0.0 radial_converge_y 0.0,0.0,0.0 red_ratio 1.05,0.00,0.10 grn_ratio -0.10,1.00,0.25 blu_ratio -0.25,0.25,1.25 saturation 1.30 offset -0.30,-0.20,-0.05 scale 1.15,1.05,0.90 power 0.90,0.90,1.15 floor 0.025,0.025,0.025 phosphor_life 0.25,0.25,0.25 chroma_mode 3 chroma_a 0.630,0.340 chroma_b 0.310,0.595 chroma_c 0.155,0.070 chroma_y_gain 0.2124,0.7011,0.0866

NTSC POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS

yiq_enable 0

BLOOM POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS

bloom_blend_mode 0 bloom_scale 0.445 bloom_overdrive 1.00,1.00,1.00 bloom_lvl0_weight 1.00 bloom_lvl1_weight 0.64 bloom_lvl2_weight 0.32 bloom_lvl3_weight 0.16 bloom_lvl4_weight 0.08 bloom_lvl5_weight 0.06 bloom_lvl6_weight 0.04 bloom_lvl7_weight 0.02 bloom_lvl8_weight 0.01

Look the size of the players when are close to the sides of the screen. Distortion effect.

On consoles with RGB connection or arcades and a good TV I don’t think there is any jitter. That was happening due to weak connections like RF/composite or a bad monitor. You would see such an effect if you were using e.g. a PS1 with composite connection to a CRT.

1 Like

To me it just looks like interlace flickering in CRT-Geom or Guest-Dr-Venom.

I may be wrong though.

1 Like

Yeah a little, I was just assisting as I remembered seeing that video about it an knew what he was referring too, just had to find the video lol.

1 Like

That interlace jitter might be dangerous to LED displays, I have got burn ins for a few minutes when emulating interlacing.

3 Likes