Possible to map 2 actions to 1 button Input?

So im wanting to map button ‘Y’ on my xbox pad to ‘Attack’ and ‘Jump’ commands so the character does its special attack on just 1 button press for Captain Commando on Final Burn Neo.

With the game loaded…

Quick Menu>Controls>Port 1 Controls

I cant see a way to map the ‘Jump’ and ‘Attack’ commands to just 1 button, in this case button ‘Y’ so when i press ‘Y’ the character does its special attack.

Is there a way to achieve this??

1 Like

Currently it does not seem like there is much in the way of doing this. @BarbuDreadMon I believe is the one who could say more on it, though.

Per this reference, on May 3rd 2021 FBNeo - Libretro

“* Macros : First, some words about macros, the reason macros from standalone aren’t supported is because there can be dozens of them for a single player on a single game, however you currently can’t map that many actions with the Libretro API (and this is not only a problem for macros, handling service menu when it involves several buttons can be tricky too) because all inputs need to be assigned to a button from the get go. In the past, there was some workaround for this through core options, but it had its own share of issues so it was removed later. I recently decided to re-implement support for a select few macros, for now it only includes 3xPunchs and 3xKicks on SF-like games but implementing a few more could be done if I can get some help sorting out the ones that’ll be the most useful so that they’ll fit within the RetroPad model.”

1 Like

Afaik that’s still true.

That a shame then!. As theres an exception for 3x Punch and 3x Kick for street fighter games, maybe there could be an exception for Attack and Jump for Konami and Capcom scrolling beat em ups…in fact any beat em up that have a special move tied to Attack and Jump??

Will this be likely to change to add the ability to add more than 1 command to a single button for a single game in the future?

The 3xK & 3xP macros have some legitimacy : they exist on standalone FBNeo, they involve combinations a bit more complex than pressing the 2 buttons of a 2-buttons game, the SF games are somehow easy to detect programatically thanks to their standardized layout, … None of that applies for that “special move”, so having those macros hardcoded in the core is not gonna happen.

I don’t know, the feature request has been there for years.

2 Likes