[PPSSPP 1.4.2 git] Scrambled text input UI

Just did a fresh install of the new Retroarch 1.6.9, fresh cores and all. And while PPSSPP works perfectly fine, its text input is completely scrambled. https://imgur.com/qJ4Z1Tq

First, i used the /system/PPSSPP/ folder i used in previous installations and then tried it with the package from git. Both with the same result. Is this a core issue or did i mess something up ?

Can confirm, same issue.

1 Like

Huh, looks like either the core is broken or the font files have somehow become incompatible then. Which is sad, since the emulation itself is finally on-par with the stand-alone emu, plus all libretro benefits. Guess we’ll have to wait for an update then. Thanks for confirming the issue !

This may help you.

1 Like

Yup, that did the trick. Looks like the link for the already assembled package (Assets + Lang) on the Libretro Wiki points at outdated and / or incompatible files.

I first tried to just take the “lang” files from the reddit post and swapped them with the ones from the complete zip file from the Wiki: Nope, still scrambled. Replaced my entire PPSSPP folder with the one linked at the reddit thread (in combination with the lang files from there) and it works.

Someone who knows how to and can update the wiki should probably do so ^^

EDIT: Shoot ! Completely forgot to say thanks ! Thanks a lot @DerpStation !

Confirmed that this was also the issue in my case.

1 Like