PPSSPP Core On 3 NVIDIA Shields - Only 1 of them working

I recently set up Retroarch on (2) 2019 NVidia Shields (non-pro, tube version) and (1) 2017 Nvidia Shield (non-pro). I did all of my initial setup, downloading, and configuration on the 2017 version.

I moved all of my roms & iso’s to a shared NAS on my network, and put all of my assets, playlists, saves, and states on a shared folder on the NAS, pointing RA to these folders so everything is consistent across the 3. The 2017 version is working great and I am able to load up FF7 Crisis Core using the PPSSPP Core. The memory card screen has all of the fonts and other assets, so I believe that is all working correctly.

While the playlists and other items seem to be populating fine, I cannot get the iso to load on either of the 2019 Shields. As soon as I choose the ISO, RA locks up for about 5 seconds and eventually crashes back to the Android TV Home screen. I’m fairly certain that my configuration is the same across all 3, but maybe I missed something?

I’ve tried uninstalled RA on both 2019 shields, reinstalling, and updating everything using the online updater, but with the same result. Other cores all seem to work fine, but can’t get the PPSSPP to load.

Things I’ve tried: Changing the video driver to vulcan and back to gl Changing the directories to all point to the local Shield rather than the NAS (except the iso itself) Version 1.8.9 from Play Store and version 1.9.0 APK download of RA

One strange thing that I’ve noticed is that after loading the PPSSPP core on the 2019 shield’s and going to quick menu/options, the options that are on the 2017 version for resolution, buffering, etc are not present — maybe they only show up after an iso has been loaded?

I’m at a loss but my son really wants to play this game after playing FF7 Remake, and I would love it if his save data can move between the 3 TV’s using the NAS. Any assistance is appreciated.

A potential explanation is that apparently the tubes are 32-bit rather than 64-bit, so there could be differences in the CPU dynarec.

Ahhh thank you! I hadn’t looked into the CPU differences, but that makes sense. That also explains why the 2017 had 2 options in the play store, a 32 and a 64 bit version, and the 2019’s did not.