PPSSPP crashing at launch

This is the directory config and the PPSSPP folder contents

Any shader, overlay, video layout enabled?

[EDIT]
Can you post a log?

As far as I know, no sharders, overlays or layouts.

Log loading cube.elf: https://gist.github.com/aserrallerios/53165583b159e790033d96203a07e407

And my full config: https://gist.github.com/aserrallerios/7b525a30c03e674becbdf72bb311ffc4

Ok I found the problem. I disabled the run-ahead setting and it worked :slight_smile:

Many thanks for your help guys!!

3 Likes

I knew, i missed something to ask ā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

For the record i have tried:

copy contents to folder suggestion orignally there was no folder the retroarch system directory so had to create a folder called PPSSPP to copy contents to from archive ppsspp-master\assets the retroarch directory was on the root of the internal directory.

the run-ahead + rewind setting is already disabled on retroarch

use the online updater to download and extract the retroarch assets.zip

Anyway none of these suggestions have worked

I am currently use a device on android 6.0 (32-bit) and device samsung exynos octa 7870 (8x ARM Cortex-A53 @1.59ghz)

Running the latest version of retroarch, the standalone ppsspp works fine

@lib Please update this issue.

Thank you.

Iā€™m having the same issues and have tried the same steps as described here, except Iā€™m on Windows 10. The standalone version also works fine for me.

Iā€™m also having this issue. Whatā€™s really annoying was that I was able to play a PSP game once, then when I came to play it the next day; it loads a white screen, has a think and then crashes Retroarch.

The above has also not helped and if it makes any difference Iā€™m on v1.10.2

You should try to provide some logs so that we can help you.

Took me 3 days to figure out, PPSSPP game loading and retroarch crashing. If you can load one game go to options and change ppsspp_cpu_core to = ā€œInterpreterā€ If you cant load any game go to the retroarch dir folder and below cheats folder open CONFIG folder and change there. Open PPSSPP.opt with notepad change to ppsspp_cpu_core = ā€œInterpreterā€ Now every game loads fine.

1 Like

Tried everything mention here and no dice on my Note 8. Played crisis core for over an hour just fine. Shut it off and when I got off work and tired again it crashes on launch. tried retroarch plus from the play store as well but no dice. tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as everything mentioned here so far and nothing is making it work anymore! Stand alone works fine but I play for achievements so I want this one to work again so bad. Any thoughts?