Problem with horizontal scrolling?

Just figured I should write this, in case someone has this problem now, or in the future.

I accidently discovered when I turned off my scanlines that whenever the image scrolled horizontaly, the pixels did not seem to stay in place. It’s hard to descibe but it didn’t look good. A scanline shader did hide it, but not completely. And when I knew about it it was impossible to not see it. It only occured when I moved horizontaly and it was mostly visable in games like Final Fantasy. I knew it wasnt like this before. And it only happened with the Beetle HW core. Anyway, just in case you experience this, just turn ON “Crop Horizontal Overscan” in the Beetle options.

Just wanted to write this so it might help someone, it almost drew me insane before I found what caused it.

Sounds like the “shimmering” scrolling effect due to uneven pixel scaling. You can fix this by enabling integer scaling or using one of the shaders in the interpolation folder (bandlimit-pixel is my fav). Some CRT shaders will also do some interpolation to fix it too.

Yes it was that. But thats the point, nothing got rid of it. Until I discovered that I accidently, sometime, had turned off “Crop Horizontal Overscan” in the Beetle option menu.