PS Vita Nightly Discussion Thread

DOSBox keyboard remap not work

I’m just curious if anyone has been able to get Super Game Boy color palettes to work. I’ve started playing Donkey Kong (Game Boy version) and I’d love to get the colors that you get when you use an SGB.

Hi, I’m asking myself a question. will retro arch continue to improve on ps vita or not? My dream would be to play the game grand prix 2 (dos box) and games nintendo 64 ps vita.

There are regular nightlies, so I asume changes are made or improvements implemented with each new release.

I have a question about Genesis Plus GX core, why it is not working like it worked before? When I load every rom music stutters and framerate drops, the situation is the same on nightly and stable. PicoDrive works good, but the music is not as accurate as it is on Gen Plus GX. Is it a matter of settings, or maybe it is not working on Vita right now?

could we have the old menu in the next version and the netplay function you like

You could always change the menu in Retroarch if you wanted. Go to driver and change menu driver from XMB to rgui.

I have other question. Is there any hope for PCSX ReARMed to be improved? Not all games work at full speed. Xenogears, for example, runs at about 55 fps in battles. I would ignore it, but because of it, the sound is all choppy. Crash Team Racing also runs at about 40 fps when there is a lot happening on the screen. And before you say that I can run them in Adrenaline - I know, but I want to save compatibility with other devices and fast forward button. Adrenaline doesn’t have those features.

Is there somewhere I can keep track of the updates to the Vita version, of both RA and the cores? I know I could scan these forums, but I mean an actual page (like a blog maybe) that details the updates as they happen? Also, are there plans to add a Core Updater to the Vita version (I can’t find it where it is on the desktop version so I take it it’s not implemented?). That would save a lot of time searching for updates.

Cheers.

How is n64 coming along. I tried it with deadelus but not worth the time. I hoped the vita would be strong enough.

any hope gbc/gb shaders could come to psvita? i really love to play those gbc/gb games in original screen looks…

I’m having trouble loading and running a C64 image using the vice x64 core on the Vita

I’m using 1.7.3 - vice x64 3.0 bd62332 core.

I have loaded a C64 image and the emulator is at the standard command prompt (it has not auto loaded the game) I am trying to access what on the PC is the command menu (left click in the PC.)

In the quick menu -> options I changed controller0 type from keyboard to joystick I then resumed emulation and was able to press square to bring up the vice on screen keyboard, select seems to toggle a virtual mouse pointer which is moved by the joypad and circle is the mouse click.

Start brings up a vice settings screen that mirrors most of the retroarch settings. The keyboard input is janky and is not working correctly. It seems that the joypad and the buttons are giving more than one input to the c64 screen.

I still have not found the command screen which is key to running c64 games. Or at least an ability to autorun the disk image.

I am thankful for any help.

I don’t know if this is a problem that’s been fixed already or I forgot to put something in, but for soe reason no sound is played when I play any rom? Is there something I need to put in?

hello, could we know if you keep updating retro arch on ps vita. I just saw the latest version but nothing new it looks like you gave up ps vita.

If we “gave up” on it, it wouldn’t still work there. Vita gets all of the same improvements that every other platform gets. That’s how RetroArch works.

ok thank you for relieving me that ps vita is not abandoned. I hope to see a good emulator dosbox or n64 (for the latter I have doubts that it works on the ps vita)

Just wish the VirtualBoy Core would get more functional. The Vita should be able to run it with little to no Issues.

Is there any difference between the GPD XD and the Vita GPU/CPU ? XD Runs it perfectly.

The newest nightly on the Vita Homebrew app (2019-05-07) only has 3 cores.

I just started using RetroArch on my Vita and I’m new to it in general. I cant, for the life of me, get any cores to download. I’ve followed countless forum posts and watched tutorials but nothing seems to work. I thought updating the config file would fix the problem, but under the Vita nightly url I don’t see any emulator cores even available for download. Anyone know what’s going on?

Hi. What is the best way to build your arcade library? Each arcade rom of my works with a different core. And, when a game fails to start, I need to reset all the arcade core association. Is possible to link by game?