PS Vita Nightly Discussion Thread

If artwork Downloader doesn’t work on the PS Vita. Is there a way of getting the artwork for the games? Thanks for all the fantastic work you do. Retroarch is a lifesaver! Reliving my arcade experience from 30 years ago is awesome

Hey guys, is it possible to provide the “all-in-one” version separately? The 7z files in vita nightly directory are quite big (+500 MB) while the all-in-one retroarch.vpk file has ~150MB.

I don’t have statistics, but I believe that most users install the all-in-one version instead of those separated cores.

Thanks for all amazing work you guys do!

I agree it would be nice to be able to download separately. I however use the separated cores there are advantages, this way I get only the cores I want and it is less steps as I can load the core I want directly. Using those may not be as uncommon as you think. I honestly don’t see much advantage to the all in one except maybe that takes up less space.

Well, I’m used to use RetroArch on other platforms, such as Linux x86 and Android, and I’m used to load content/change cores on demand. Without the need of exiting RetroArch/fceumm and open RetroArch/picodrive (for example) when I want to change from a NES game to a MegaDrive game.

Well… regardless of the way we use it, we would all benefit if the files were available separately. :wink:

Outstanding work fellas. Mame 2003 displays vertically scrolling games (Battle Garegga, Batrider, etc.) Upside down. I can’t find a rotate screen setting or any info anywhere. Such a taese too cuz Garegga seems to be running full speed but I can’t flip the screen. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Nevermind, I enabled show Avanced Settings and was able to rotate the screen 180 degrees. Garegga not full speed. Gonna try on Mame 2000 to see if it speeds it up.

Can someone check to see why the size of the nightly has ballooned up to 1.7 Gigs?

It’s working as intended, apparently. Each core includes all of the assets for the menu, which takes up a lot of space in aggregate.

I’m not sure if anyone is aware but the link to the stable build seems to be down. Will it be restored at any point? Thank you.

Greetings and thank you for all your hard work. I hope this is the right place to report an issue with a nightly build.

I am using the 25.11 nightly build on an OLED Vita running the latest henkaku (not Enso). If I try to “load (a different) core” from the main menu I get a GPU crash. Either I get a black screen with the “there was a problem with your Vita and it will now restart” message in low-res white text or, occasionally, the screen will just hang although I can still hear input sounds when I try and exit via the Vita’s PS button. In this latter scenario my only choice is obviously to do a hard shutdown which results in the flashing BLOD, in turn necessitating a forced reboot in to the Vita’s recovery mode. I should add that this issue with changing cores occurs even if I am not running any content, i.e. a game; it will happen if I open retroarch with a fresh launch and try to change core from there. I do not have any special configs set up with filters or advanced settings that could explain this,- to my knowledge. It happens at stock settings even after a completely fresh install (having previously uninstalled the app and deleted the retroarch data folder in its entirety). The cores I am using are PCSX Rearmed and Snes9x 2005 and 2005+. I have tried complete uninstall/ reinstalls several times and I have also tried rebuilding database 3 times.

At present I have settled on a workaround which is to choose content for the alternative core first, either via playlist or favourites. This usually works out ok although it has crashed retroarch once or twice but unlike the previous scenario, not the Vita itself; i.e. retroarch would either revert to the main menu for me to try again, shut itself down and boot me back to the Vita homescreen, or, in case of a freeze, I was able to close retroarch via the blue button. It had to be done via the playlist or favourites though, if I try and do it via the “load content” option below “load core” then the originally mentioned symptoms occur.

Thank you for your time and keep up the good work.

Is any other Vita owner here having problems with 1.7.0 on Vita when Achievements feature is enabled?

I’ve just opened an issue on github detailing the problem, but would like to say if someone else is facing the same.

Same here.

A week ago, I threw the same problem, but the situation has not progressed. (PlayStationVita RetroAchievements not working) Because there are few players, it is difficult to proceed.

I have the same:disappointed_relieved:

Is there plans to get VitaGL (OpenGL) integrated with RetroArch for the Vita? Might get a Performance Boost.

2 Likes

What about N64 core for RetroArch?

Any chance to have Atari800 core (my favorite one)?

I would also love to know if you have plans to use VitaGL, I think this is what RetroArch has been lacking on Vita to get the best performance on SNES and also GBA cores, but even to get N64 running to start working on it.

1 Like

I’m a little bit new to the Vita Homebrew scene, and I’ve been on the quest to generate “one game one bubble” for the livescreen. I ran into a post from hackinformer that allowed you to generate artwork for individual games for GB and GBC games, however I was unable to get that to work (due to missing files in the download links provided), but I was able to find out how the artwork was stored after installing the VPK on the vita, then systematically replaced the artwork. I posted on reddit here to see if anyone would know how to potentially create a “one game one bubble” using retroarch cores to power the emulation.

The GBC emulation from my custom bubble was really terrible, and it was particularly noticeable when compared to retroarch’s nearly perfect emulation. Someone on the thread commented

Honestly, I would ask about the retroarch forums, basically you need to figure out how retroarch deploys its bubble (presumably not complicated) and then just figure out how to assign instructions specific to that bubble. But I would say, should be totally doable. I think.

So I decided to pop in and ask if it were that easy to accomplish or if anyone could provide any insight on how I can accomplish creating an individual game bubble that will launch a game using a Retroarch core on the Vita.

I installed retroarch 1.7.1 on 1.6.2 and noticed that interface become different, not appealing. (tried fully uninstall and delete data folder, then install nightly build - no luck) How could I get back nice interface? :slight_smile:

Looks like it’s missing the assets. Go to the online updater and re-fetch them.