PS3 version of RetroArch v1.3?

There is not download http://www.xbins.org/ , Not sure if this is a mistake or a delay in the project?

I think it’s being held for some last-minute fixes. The platforms that have already been released will be getting a 1.3.1 bugfix release pushed out very soon, too.

Thanks for the reply hunterk…

Is there any new cores that are being released in this version. (Compared to the last official ps3 version v1.0.0.2 )

I know there was several new cores working on the unofficial compiles of v1.2.2 , Some more polished then others. Was curious.

It’s in there. I grabbed it on release day. Start up xbins and go to ps3 / homebrew / emulators / retroarch

Does anybody know where to find a CEX version yet?

I did a cex version of it but unexpected bugs are occurred so I decided not to share it, i hope they’ll get fixed soon. Keep mind that in this version a new gui has been introduced (XMB) and the old GLUI got a new look, so this stuff could have created the appearance of these new bugs.

Savestate bug is fixed this time? In the last version, if you use savestate in snes core The game slows to a crawl.

What do you mean with last version? the official 1.0.0.2 version or the unofficial 1.2.2? I’ve never noticed it before…

That sucks, the PS3 version seems to be a distant priority.

I’m talking about The unofficial 1.2.2. It’s the sane issue reported by another guy in this post:

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4204&page=3&p=30421&viewfull=1#post30421

[QUOTE=Hyllian;33501]I’m talking about The unofficial 1.2.2. It’s the sane issue reported by another guy in this post:

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4204&page=3&p=30421&viewfull=1#post30421[/QUOTE]

oh okay, as i wrote in that thread, i didn’t notice it. Do you get that issue with any rom? Can you suggest me a rom where you’re encountering that issue? Once i got some free time, i could try to reproduce the issue.

I tested with DKC v1.2. Though Remember that it happened with any rom.

I cannot test just now, anyway I enable all the voices on saving menu, check if this suggest can help.

First off thanks to all the libretro developers who have made this a great project… Not sure if this was pulled, not pulled. not posted right at xbins,org… Not sure of the issue as there should of been an official statement in the release topic IMHO… but the DEX version is at xbinx.org (on the FTP) not sure if this was the location we were suppose to look at or what but seems to be alot of confusion that could be off been easily avoided. With just a few lines of text to explain things a bit better for the PS3 audience. An Audience that has honestly been left on so many cliff hangers since v1.0.0.2.

Anyhow i wrote some news on the release and provided some additional details for ps3 users.

As always THANKS for the GREAT RELEASES @Team Libretro, but please pay a bit more attention in how the PS3 version are released. We been on a cliffhanger for sometime with a new official version and to see this released or not released (the worse part is not knowing what exactly went on).

Looking at psx-place and in accordance with the passion PS3 users have in respect of RA, i’m feeling wrong to not share the CEX version of RA 1.3, so I’m just going to share it, anyway some annoying bugs and not working cores can happen (that’s the reason why i didn’t share it before). I guess people would like to take a look at new wonderful XMB gui, so here it’s. https://www.sendspace.com/file/cxtvwr

At first i thought the DEX version was more stable then the round of unofficial ones you did, but more i play with it the more i think the unofficial compiles from last month are a bit more stable. There is numerous issues, i have not tried your CEX version but the DEX version I have noticed various things not working as they should

Issues i noticed on DEX (which i am sure is on CEX also): (in limited testing)

NES cores, i cant even get a game to boot on NES (with either of the 3 cores) Zipped rom support is not working. (works only on arcade emus) Screen Ratio issues on some UIs is horriable (wish there was some automatic screen ratio) I noticed two mame cores included, but they are the same core (just renamed) MAME 0.78 and MAME 2003 which is the same emu. (as mame 2003 is based on 0.78). On mame with some games user’s are reporting the Emu is going back to XMB when just quiting a game. Restart on the XMB mode does not work (quit does) When the emulator has a rom that it cant play, there is a black screen freeze. (Always much better when you get an error message).

I will try and gather some of the issues to help the process but that is what i have noticed to this point.

Yeah - none of the cores I tried worked either. I tried Stella (Atari 2600) and it tried to load Barnstorming as if it was a Starpath Supercharger rom and then crashing to a black screen with a loud groaning noise. Trying to load any roms from Prosystem (atari 7800) crashes out to XMB.

Oddly enough- it does the same thing when you install the DEX version, so there appears to be no difference on a CEX console between the DEX installer and this CEX compile.

Can anyone running this on a REX or DEX console confirm if any of these cores work there?

CEX or DEX version of RA are just the same thing since the code is the same one, the only thing it’s changing is the signature, so fake signature for DEX, custom signature for CEX. I and other people have got working the following cores: FCEUMM, not all games though PRBOOM TYRQUAKE FBALPHA NXENGINE GENESIS, only with extracted roms, so no support for zipped roms

More or less all the other cores don’t work, you just get returned to the dashboard when you try to load a rom, in other cases your ps3 could crash. This major issue has been temporally introduced with the transition to the MaterialUI from what i could check, unfortunately this bug appears only on the PS3 port, all the other ports, included psvita, aren’t occurring this issue. I hope this info will help to address and to solve the bug.

Still no official word what’s going on with this?

Most nintendo emulators don’t work as you get kicked back to the xmb. Snes, Gameboy Advance, etc. Mame kicks you back to the xmb after closing content on midway games. Mortal Kombat, NBA Jam, etc.

The xmb gui looks great but…

For me RA doesnt even start it just blinks and kicks back to the xmb… I have rebug rex 4.78 and i tried the cex and dex versions and they both did that I am going back to 1.2.2 until it gets fixed