PSP Nightly discussion thread

PSP nightlies are now available. The nightlies have very few cores now but we’ll keep adding them till it’s complete, please report any issues, suggestions and any other feedback here.

http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/playstation/psp/

Known issues:

• Let’s start over with issues and changes

Relevant changes:

• Let’s start over with issues and changes
2 Likes

More:

1. The “note” key is switching to the RGUI but immediately return back to the game.
  2. Sorry but I didn’t able to run the doom core…

I will check later if the FPS monitor is disabled…

in 08/03/2015 -fps monitor disable now works -still FCEumm crashes when loading zip and 7zip files, Punch Out games (U) (J) FPS drops from 60-(45-42) in Euro versión works better 50-(48-46) -TempGBA works nice but this core need an option for autoframe skip (maybe need it in all cores for fix somes fps drops) -I can’t play DOOM Core my PSP crash -some games or changing option in game like Options > Video Options > Custon Ratio for TempGBA Core make the note button immediately return to the game, the only way to close the Retroarch is with the HOME button, but the PSP freeze and crash.

FPS removed…

I also want to report that tempGBA is slow, tested with konami collection playing time pilot…

FCEUmm woks fine now with zipped roms, what about FDS games? I’d put the disksys.rom in system folder but I can’t make that fds games works…will be nice a port like STELLA, What about Picodrive, SnesTYL?

MSX core starts, but I can’t play because the pad, which are the keys for play?

What about mame core ?

I think a lot of people will be happy with a good mame for psp since the current mame is not good enough…

snes9x-next will be nice, I don’t know how it’s compares with snestyl in performance, in snestyl the low performance is with the special chips SFX 1 and 2 and some games with SA-1 like Dragon Ball Hyper Dimension, almost 90% of the games runs fine there…I think that snes9x-next could be run fine in RA PSP , Stella and Picodrive core will be nice too.

Stella++ psp2600 runs full speed

the Nightly 2015-03-09_RetroArch gone, it is an empty file.

when i launch the latest nightly it return to xmb i use a psp 3000 dualboot with 6.20 tn_d lme-2.3 and PRO c ;what can i do ?

Delete all config files and try again

thanks it work i have other problem on certain roms the note button for the menu are broken a solution?

harry potter and the prisonner of azkaban gba and napoleon ptached eng

Using the latest build from 13.3.15 :

1. The note key is more stable now and I was able to change setting and switch games, But it still randomly jump back to the game, specific in the video settings…

2. The fceumm_libretro.PBP crashed every time, I returned to a backup version…

3. gbaTemp is still slow in konami collection but looks OK when I played pac man collection pacman arrangements…

[QUOTE=retro;20323]Using the latest build from 13.3.15 :

1. The note key is more stable now and I was able to change setting and switch games, But it still randomly jump back to the game, specific in the video settings…

2. The fceumm_libretro.PBP crashed every time, I returned to a backup version…

3. gbaTemp is still slow in konami collection but looks OK when I played pac man collection pacman arrangements…[/QUOTE]

Fceumm works for me, did you try deleting the config files?

No, I Will try again later…

RA has some issues with the playlist, when I try to load a content RA freeze and PSP crash…I can’t use Prboom core, if I use prboom.wad in the system folder or inside the game wad, the PSP crash in black screen…which are the the keys for fMSX core? the MSX games starts but it doesn’t recognize the PSP pad or any button.

Didn’t have the time yet to check the new versions,

Anything changed with the note key behavior when entering the video settings section ?

(Last version I tested through me back to the game when I entered the video settings…)

I finally got my hands on a PSP 1000 and test prboom core, works fine here if you do the same like the beta2 info…“prboom requires prboom.wad in the same folder as the wad you want to load”, also works if you put the prboom.wad in the system folder, but neither of two ways works on my PSP 3000 or my PSP GO, both crash after black screen, someone else try this but not only in a PSP 1000.

I have tried prboom on my PSP 2000 and only works with the shareware version, full versions like ultimate doom or doom 2 are not working.

EDIT: I’m using CFW 6.61 PRO-C2, and the PSP does the same as Quickgold said, It crashes after black screen.