PSP Nightly discussion thread

Hello i have a problem with the stable 1.2.2 i have created gba gbc and nes core bubbles for my vita but when i launch this 3 core it reset the config what can i do?i not the problem on my original psp

PSP stable 1.30 isn’t so stable, since 2015-10-20 until today nightly NXEngine core still crash (the only way to run the core in 1.30 is taking the core that run in 1.22 and replace it, now runs fine), TempGBA core crash when you load a game with “Load Archive with Core” RA and PSP crash, when you load a game with “Open Archive As Folder” works fine (but only in the 1.30 stable version in the nightly version it crash too) :frowning:

The only useful core is Gambatte because it is more accurate than the Gameboy emulators that PSP has. I could play Shantae with it, heh.

Anyone had success running on psp go ? what version ?

Thanks for adding CATSFC, It is still not smooth. PocketSnes probably faster (as same as run on 3DS) .

Thanks for CATSFC and Picodrive, but RA fail saving configuration Per-Core, Tempgba core crash loading a rom and Nxengine core crash after the intro.

Since 2016-03-21_RetroArch version, PSP freeze starting RA and crash.

Hello friends first of all I am RGM, I give thanks for this magnificent project for PSP and PS Vita.

Now the emulatoes are great, I have only a problem with specifically catsfc with the ROM Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario All-Stars + World controls in the menu match but during the game dont work, other problem is in some games like Rockman an Forte enemies by touching the character disappears.

One last question, there is a possibility of adding core FBA or MAME version for PSP?

Thank you.

Sorry for my English I speak Spanish.

Thanks for the responses friend.

I hope to continue to update this great project.

OK friend some questions?

How I can disable the frameskip for the character does not disappear when you touch an enemy in catsfc and some colleagues from other forums I was told that the games have sound sfx are slow and hear something wrong, do you think that in future versions can be improved in these problems.

And one last question in relation to the FBA or MAME core, it would be very difficult even emulate older games like Toki, Simpsons, Data East, Toaplan, etc? as FBA4PSP from Ibecilyne as that stalled in development.

Greetings and thanks for the answers

Catsfc fps is better but still screen tearing problem.

Will PSP version fix it? by the moment in the nightly only RA starts but is not the same for the cores, that it has issues with zipped roms.

Is it possible to change the confirmation button from O (circle) button to X (cross) button?

In your retroarch.cfg, swap the values for “menu_ok_btn” and “menu_cancel_btn”

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what clock speed does the PSP run at for Retroarch? Is it the full 333mhz? Does it depend on the core?

Also, I’ve been using the 1.3.0 stable build because Quicknes and Gambatte both crash on my PSP-1000 in the later ones. Do these cores now require the 64mb ram of the later models?

I recently fired up a nightly and I have a strange problem. With the Picodrive and tempGBA cores if I play a while (say longer than 20 min, I haven’t tested precisely), then I push the music button to bring up the retroarch interface the whole thing just freezes. I have to push the ps button and kill it.

Also, I was playing Phantasy Star Collection on tempGBA for about 2 hours and saved multiple times, and none of them went though. I didn’t realize this until loading retoarch again and finding an ancient save greeting me.

Dunno about the first one, but for the second one, RetroArch doesn’t write saves to disk unless/until you exit “cleanly” (which usually means via the ‘quit retroarch’ option from the menu). If you exit by hitting home or killing the process or whatever, the file will never be written.

There’s an option to write it to disk every few seconds but it requires threading support and I don’t think the PSP port has that.

That does perfectly explain the lost saves. Would it be possible to force Retroarch to write through when writes happen as an option? I’d be willing to wait the few seconds for the safety.

That’s a more complicated issue than it seems, since a lot of systems use SRAM for scratch RAM and write to it constantly. We’d have to add heuristics to try and figure out when it was a real write and when it was a scratch write, and those heuristics would inevitably have edge-case fails and those edge-cases would lead to constant read-writes that would drastically shorten the lifespan of solid-state storage, in addition to being an I/O bottleneck.

Thanks for the explanation. Guess I need to figure out why RetroArch is freezing then.