Px68k-libretro

Perhaps some translated docs that could be useful here. He also has an evolved XM6 emu but I see no source once again.

There is an open source project called Virtual X68000, not sure how that runs though.

thanks,i’ve looked at all the links above (searching some source code) but didn’t notice these english doc. they are usefull!

Could you try this one, should be at 55.45fps but input are not so good that i would have hoping (you should set your kbd to english to be able to input all char) I also fix xvimode=1 (if you use iplromxv.dat) crash. but not tested all this in windows. you should able to input in smario using lsuper keys ,but sound is very bad in that game.

http://dl.free.fr/pe3Ofebc0

1 Like

Inputs are better as I can now use the numpad in arkanoid (that game is really following the system clock-speed to a frightening level). Still couldn’t launch SMB, the window key is just doing its thing, calling the taskbar. Eng or Fr keyboard gives me the same mapping.

I’ve got this keyboard and 2 keys are not doing anything: -the + at the top, just left of backspace -the > key at the bottom left near left shift

For keys that could be mapped differently:both shift do the same, both ctrl too, altgr doesn’t seem to work.

:slight_smile:
http://dl.free.fr/oosOqOYzc opt 1/2 also mapped to alt/altgr as no need for px68k.

1 Like

Yay! can finally play this masterpiece! :smiley: Those koopa shells became a lot less effective…

Playing Xadlak, not the best looking game but great shmup.

Forgot to say xvimode=1 works fine on windows too.

Just tried NoWait ON now and that works fine! I don’t hear any sound problem anymore, and how fast it is now when fast forwarding with retroarch! :smiley: Probably the framerate that you changed fixed that.

MAME 135fps / px68k 750~800fps lol. 700~750fps with the most powerful 29.7MHz/12MB RAM machine. (on a core i5-3570K @4GHz, game Akazukin CHa CHa Cha)

Took a look at some files like here and noticed you lost the original Japanese characters for those annotations. I could try to translate some parts you would need; just tell me.

Then for Etoile Princess I wonder if it’s just a bad resolution switch? some video mode that crashes here for some reason?

In the F12 menu, when inserting a disk it always start on C: with no way to change the drive. the option in config “StartDir=” doesn’t seem to work for that.

Lol sorry for etoile princess , it was my fault (bad bzero dangerous define) :slight_smile: this one should works with this game: (test with wine and hdf version and works for me)

http://dl.free.fr/qBbYVwt4P

For the translation ,it could be nice if we have it as i can’t understand it.

For the menu , if i boot to an hdf and then choose a game in fd0 then reset ,it boot from floppy for me. Maybe you mean something else?

Thanks, Etoile Princess is working fine now! :smiley:

I managed to do a save too. Floppy made with XM6 wasn’t working so I took a game disk I then formatted with human301. For etoile you choose “create user disk” (bottom) enter blank disk in drive B, then it writes on it. And now you put that disk in drive A, etoile data1 in drive B, and you’re good.

Need to do that last step each start to load… :sweat: So, even understanding Japanese isn’t everything…

I managed to make a working formatted sasi drive, wrote stuff on it, used switch.x to define a sram on it, copied sramdisk.x… Games on floppy still don’t write to it… no clue if that can work at all. I was reading some posts from users with real hardware as clueless as I am, so who knows…

For the menu, I was talking about the browser that pop-up when you click on a drive in that F12 GUI. It shows me my files on my real c: drive and I can’t go to e:/roms/ to select a dim file. So I made a symlink on my c: drive but I wondered if something could be done about that. (if “StartDir=” in config is there for this purpose? but not working atm)

XVIMode=1 is crashing now with this version. Can’t get any useful debug info.

For sure ! Why not ask for it before :smile: seriously , i did a change for that , it works on linux and with wine too. StartDir=e:/roms/ should now works for you (i hope) http://dl.free.fr/phcjyLAzB

Btw i’am watching NEC PC-8801 , quasi88 could be a good libretro core.

2 Likes

trying to get this to work, but it looks as if the game loads then instantly drops to this:

Maybe I have the wrong bios? Got crc’s or a place I can find the right ones?

Get the MAME bios rom called x68000.zip and unzip its content in system/keropi/.

I Can boot in XVIMode 0, 1 & 2 now. Fonts are there in the pseudo Os since I can have both iplrom.dat and iplrom30.dat together without crashing now. (I had to remove iplrom.dat for XVIMode=2 to work before.)

The starting folder option works now! Thank you! Have to put a / at the end of the path or you can’t get out of the folder.

edit: I corrected the bios path and added some notes to the info file.

I’m having issues with the core segfaulting RetroArch. I am not sure what the path to the BIOS Files should be. I am running Mageia Linux 5.1. What should the BIOS Path be on Vanilla Mageia Linux?

I have been trying this core out and I can get single disk games to load but loading multi disk games are my roadblock right now. I have been trying to use the .cmd file method as described on the guthub page but no luck. I get a clack screen with some Japanese text in the middle of it.
Is there something I am supposed to press at this point to progress further ?
I am using the Castlevania game for testing.
Very happy to see this core being developed as well, thanks for this.

Edit: I got the multi disk problem sorted out, just had to change up the .cmd text a little to

px68k “H:\Emulation\Roms\X68000\Akumajou Dracula (1993)(Konami)(Disk 1 of 2).dim” “H:\Emulation\Roms\X68000\Akumajou Dracula (1993)(Konami)(Disk 2 of 2).dim”

You’ve got the menu when pressing F12 to select disks.

Yeah that works but I got things worked out. Now I just need an easy way to generate .cmd files for my 2 disk image games lol.

Maybe you should also use hdf for multi disk game .btw for now only sasi hd supported (40mb max)

I cannot take any credit for this at all. A user from the Launchbox Discord channel by the name of Neilk1 did all the work. Here are a couple of bat files to generate .cmd files for games that have 2 disk images.

This first one is just for one game at a time, drag and drop 2 disks on the bat file and it will generate the .cmd file will a proper name.

@echo off setlocal ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION set f2=%1 set raw=%1 set f3=!f2:Disk 1 of 2=Disk 2 of 2! echo px68k %1 %2 > “!raw:~0,-18!.txt”

This second one will bulk generate your .cmd files from a folder of disk images. It will only do this for games that have 2 disk images only. Place this bat file into the folder with all your disk images and run it, you will then have .cmd files for all the 2 disk image games

@echo off setlocal ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION for /R “.” %%f in ("*(Disk 1 of 2).dim") do ( set f2=%%f set raw=%%~nf set f3=!f2:Disk 1 of 2=Disk 2 of 2! echo px68k “%%f” “!f3!” > “!raw:~0,-13!.txt” )

2 Likes

Got an idea to save us that step of messing with disks outside of Retroarch.

A core option named “Extract every disk contained in an archive.” could be made. When launching a game every disk would be extracted in the cache folder. Then, if you enter it as your start folder in keropi/config, this would give you direct access to all of your disks in the F12 menu. Disks would be removed on core exit.

Finally managed to save with Aquales. Start with disk3, enter a blank disk in FDD1 to make it your user disk. Then you have to reset and start with system disk in fdd0 and that user disk in fdd1. If it’s not from the start (before the title screen is loaded) it won’t work. :kissing:

edit: Finished Aquales, great game. :slight_smile:

Made a 55.45Hz resolution in my nvidia panel, made a core config with that refresh (video_refresh_rate = “55.45”). Now retroarch switches to that when playing on px68k and revert back to 60Hz when I quit. No more stutters. Awesome.

I have a backtrace of a Segfault., I need to post.

https://pastebin.com/raw/RceSM9gA

OK. Where does RetroArch store information about what Floppy disks are installed where? Is there a way to bring up the F12 Menu without a keyboard?