Px68k-libretro

Some help here with this other issue ?

And this one please ?

I’m working to release an easy use pack of games for this computer and help people to discover this fantastic machine :slight_smile: I’m working on Batocera and it can be very cool if some here can help me. Thanks

I have try an other game : undeadline Genjuuki (Japan) (Hard Drive)

1 min 34 to come to the game first logo. After it works perfectly, but all the loadings are very very long … near 1 minute from the logo to the title screen when i press a key :frowning:

For : Akumajou Dracula (Japan) (Hard Drive)

About 1 min to come to this screen :

1. x68000 Sound
  2. MT-32 CM-32 CM 64 Sound
  3. SC-55 SC- 33 CM-300 CM-500 Sound

The only one working for sound is the choice : 1 I choose it and i must stand for minutes more.

I become to hear some cracling sound after 3 min 40 but always black screen :frowning: After 6 min always black screen i stop it.

If i try the floppy 2 discs version i can see the title screen after only 25 sec. It’s strange because on xbox they made these hard drive games version to make them loading faster.

Maybe it’s only a PI3 issue ?

Cool interesting informations :slight_smile:

1. There is always an hard drive in the emulator ? I suppose i must found or create an empty one ?
  2. All these actions are made in command line with the x68000 operating system?
  3. I suppose there is a solution to make it autoboot ? I found some games like Akumaju Dracula in HDF format that auto boot :slight_smile: Maybe it can be interesting to create some other like it for all the big games with many floppy, and make them loading faster ?

Hello I have a problem (lakka 2.3.1 on RPI4) in px68k. I create in system directory keropi, and put in cgrom.dat, iplrom.dat, iplrom30.dat, iplromco.dat, iplromxv and run rom in dim files - not working. With in keropi directory only cgrom.dat, iplrom.dat files - not woring. MD5 Checksums all files is ok. In putty log: Font ROM image can’t be found Help

I use the Px68k retroarch core to emulate this system and I have a question regarding disk swapping through the original px68k menu which can be accessed by pressing the left trigger on your controller.

The game I’m testing this with is “Akumajou Dracula”. It requires 2 disks.

If I boot the game via Launchbox, the game boots, but I need to insert the second disk to actually play it. So I bring up the emulator menu by pressing L2 on my controller. I can see that the first diskis loaded. The line reads:

“¥Akumajou Dracula (1993)(Konami)(Disk 1 of 2).dim” (take note of the yen sign “¥”

So I go to the second foppy frive and choose: “Akumajou Dracula (1993)(Konami)(Disk 2 of 2).dim”, Now the line reads: “Akumajou Dracula (1993)(Konami)(Disk 2 of 2).dim” (no yen sign)

However, the game still does not work. I hear the music playing but there is only a black screen. If I hit reset, the same thing happens.

I tried reloading the first disk as well, but if I choose “Akumajou Dracula (1993)(Konami)(Disk 1 of 2).dim” again, the line does not read anymore

“¥Akumajou Dracula (1993)(Konami)(Disk 1 of 2).dim”

but

“Akumajou Dracula (1993)(Konami)(Disk 1 of 2).dim” (no yen sign)

Now, the system doesn’t even boot.

So as you can see, if I try to load disks from the emulator menue, the Yen sign “¥” is missing and somehow that seems to mean that the game is not properly mounted. If I launch the game using launchbox, the Yen sign “¥” is there and the game boots.

The next thing I tried is m3u playlists and sure enough, if I load an m3u playlist from Launchbox, both disks are properly mounted (with Yen signs) and the game works fine. The lines read:

“¥Akumajou Dracula (1993)(Konami)(Disk 1 of 2).dim” “¥Akumajou Dracula (1993)(Konami)(Disk 2 of 2).dim”

The problem is however that there are many games with more than just 2 disks, so I NEED to be able to swap disks using the emulator menu. Does anyone have an Idea what I’m doing wrong here?

Is there a reason you are using the yen sign in the file name? That corresponds to a backslash in a lot of file systems so that might be causing issues.

Otherwise, you should be able To use the m3u file for 3+ disk games. If I recall correctly, you should be able to switch between the disk assigned to drive 1 by toggling disks in RA.

I tried Macross on the x68000 using the core, and found some graphical errors. Not sure if it’s because of my settings, disk image or the emu. I only found these graphical errors with this game.

These are my options I set for the game:

px68k_adpcm_vol = "15"
px68k_analog = "disabled"
px68k_cpuspeed = "10Mhz"
px68k_disk_drive = "FDD1"
px68k_disk_path = "disabled"
px68k_frameskip = "Full Frame"
px68k_joy1_select = "Default"
px68k_joy_mouse = "Mouse"
px68k_joytype1 = "Default (2 Buttons)"
px68k_joytype2 = "Default (2 Buttons)"
px68k_menufontsize = "normal"