Px68k-libretro

Well, still not working Its really weird I think I would like to understand what happen much more than playing Aquales or Sol-Feace

I need help. I’m running RetroArch on Win 7 32bit. I have the bios files (iplrom.dat, cgrom.dat and iplrom30.dat) in system/keropi. When I select a dim file in Retroarch and then the Px68k core, the window changes size, then RetroArch stops and I get a message saying RetroArch.exe isn’t working anymore. Nothing is written to the debug text file, when I start retroarch_debug with ‘–menu --verbose > debug.txt’ via a bat file. Any Idea, what could be wrong, or what I could try?

The dim file loads fine in the xm6 typeg emulator.

try it with --menu --verbose --log-file debug.txt

also, delete iplrom30.dat as this is not needed and only causes issue.

Thanks, I deleted iplrom30.dat, but the problem still exists.

With --menu --verbose --log-file debug.txt I got a 10 KB debug.txt. I uploaded it to zippyshare, as I didn’t know how to post such a long text file here: debug.txt

i dont see anything wrong with the log so far. what OS are you using? may be able to have something to let you try with.

I’m using Windows 7 professional 32 bit.

The only thing I found strange in the log was the third last line saying ‘[libretro INFO] cur_dir_str c:\ 3’, as I don’t use c for anything, and the 3 doesn’t make any sense to me. But maybe that’s just me not understanding the meaning of it, and it has nothing to do with the crash.

try to delete < system > keropi/config file

sadly, i cant compile for win32… also try to use opengl instead of vulkan.

You mean there should be a config file in < system > keropi? Because there isn’t anything in the keropi folder besides the two bios files.

Using gl instead of vulkan didn’t change anything unfortunately. :frowning:

this game : Marble Madness (1991)(Home Data).dim probably has issues, since i cant also run them here.

Okay, it does work on the standalone emulators (XM6 Pro-68k and XM6 TypeG), though. The other game I tried was Bubble Bobble (1989)(Dempa)[h].dim, giving me the same crash.

Can you give me the title of a game that works for you, so I can check it out?

ok for some reasons, the rom worked after constantly trying to load it. im not entirely sure whats going on yet.

anyways i often run hdf version of street fighter ii new challenger, and dim versions of Twinbee, final fight, akumajo dracula etc.

marble madness (1991)(home data).dim b696c4d1 marble.zip
from MAME Software List romset is working fine here on win7 x64.
I launched it several times.

Bubble bobble is fine too.

Got all bios files from Mame rom X68000.zip in system/keropi.

Thanks for trying to help me. The problem doesn’t seem to be game related, as with other games I get the same white window crash. So it seems I’m stuck here.

did you just say you are using 32-bit windows? i think cores have compatibility with 32bit OS, you should try somebody with a 64bit windows and test px68k there

sadly i cant test 32bit, im not even able to install with my setup now.

Yes, 32-bit is all I have, unfortunately.

I downloaded the core via RetroArch (32-bit), so I was assuming it should work with my 32-bit OS.

Well, it might take a while until I find someone with 64-bit windows, who has time and is willing to install RetroArch for/with me.

I can confirm that on Windows 10 64-bit that RA crashes whenever trying to load a game with px68k. I just installed it tonight, first tried 1.6.7 stable release, then also the current nightly build for both RA and core with the same results.

I usually run RetroArch cores on an RPI3 (RetroPie) but was trying to get HDF images to run on this core and was having no luck on the Pi so I figured I’d give it a shot on Windows.

On that note - can anyone tell me what this image says and what it means? I get this when trying to load an HDF image file.

screenshot

“An error occurred. Please reset.”

Thank you for the translation.

Are there any common issues or things to check when trying to use HDF images on this core? DIM files load OK on the same setup.

The same HDF file does boot up when I tried it with XM6 (2.06 I believe) in Windows, so I feel like I am missing a step somewhere. I am using RetroPie to launch RA and the file/core from command line.

be sure your hdf is in SASI format, SCSI one are not supported with this core. Also be sure (hit F12) that you don"t have some fdd set , if yes unset same and reset using the gui.

you can use diskexplorer to open it and see if they are Human68k HDD or SCSI. http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=x68000:x68000

Thanks for the tips. I am 99% sure it was SASI format already as when I tested it on XM6 in Windows I had set the HDD as a SASI drive there. Also made sure no FDD was set. But I will retest hopefully tonight or over the weekend.

Thanks also for the link, I do have diskexplorer but this site looks like a good resource to learn more and will keep trying to get this working!